Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Framed" at Less Is More Challenge

During my bad non-sleep habits.....
I decided to enter the challenge at "Less Is More"...
this weeks challenge is to do a one layer card with some type of a frame!
While I was out shopping yesterday at one of the "crafty" stores.....
I came across this "frame" stamp on clearance for $1...
now I have to say I have lots of stamps in this category...
but how could one pass up a bargain like this??
I used Ranger Black embossing powder for the frame...
the "picture" within the frame is another $1 stamp I had purchased another time.....
I used my SU markers with the marker to stamp approach....
the little sentiment is also a SU stamp......
I will try to visit you all this week.....
I fell short last week as we took a mini trip North to the lake......

Edited to add:.....the card is off center as well as I have some messy embossing powder on it.....but I decided to post it as it was my 3rd try (that's what happens at 3:30 in the morning)
but to "fix" it....after its "photo shoot"
I added the dreaded ribbon.....but it did fix it up quite nicely
and I will be sending it to my 86 year old Aunt
whom's eyesight isn't great......sigh!!

14 comments:

Irene said...

A fabulous card, I love the colours and touch of red.

irener
xxxx

Susan said...

You really lucked out on the $1 stamps! How perfect for this challenge! Awesome card!
My Card

Chrissie said...

What luck with the stamps... what bargains!
This is a fabulous card, but I find the positioning of just slightly off centre a little strange to my eye.
It's a really striking card for all that!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Wow, wish I could find bargains like this! A super card. xx

Mandi said...

Superb frame
I think the positioning could have been better, no offence
More central and nearer the top [bigger margin at the bottom]
Great card though
Thank you as always
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Jenny said...

Love the striking black frame, looks fab around the flower :)
Jenny x

Regina said...

Love the frame... totally elegant!!

Kelly said...

Absolutely stunning Diane! Love the back and white with a touch of red. Very elegant!

Stamps and Paper said...

A stunning card your flower really stands out

Anne

Stella said...

Don't be too hard on yourself; I think it's a jaw dropper. I love love love that elegant frame.

You told us what went wrong with the card. Never mind.....it's a beauty!!!!!

Stella said...

Don't be too hard on yourself; I think it's a jaw dropper. I love love love that elegant frame.

You told us what went wrong with the card. Never mind.....it's a beauty!!!!!

Shirley said...

It's amazing! When I can't sleep, I'm not good for anything! You on the other hand produce works of art!! This fabulous!

Aileen said...

love the central flower, it looks Rennie Macintosh to me. x

Maribel said...

I really like The framework is lovely and very original flower