Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Masculine Trend Challenge In The Classroom

Ellen Hutson over at the classroom is having a challenge to create a "masculine" card....
now I have to admit I struggle really bad to create a "man" card.
I am all about girlie...bows~ribbons~bling~etc.....
but decided to give this one a "whirl"
The challenge was to make a "pocket" of some sort...
now all kinds came to mind....
but I remembered I had this Unity Stamp of a pocket and went with it.
My hubby is alwaysl making these little "notes" and "lists".....
and everytime I do laundry I find one.....
so I decided to do a pocket with a "to do" list...
I also added a "handkerchief" in his pocket...
as once he was outside painting on a sceond story and had a red rag
in his pocket.....
 and this hummingbird just would not leave him alone....
kept dive bombing his "ah" backside...too funny!!!
I added a length of "zipper" for the ribbon.....
I stamped the pocket with TH Distress Faded Jeans and the pocket rag with TH Barn Door.

8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Now, this is cute! Who says a masculine card has to be dull, anyway? Sounds like this will be a perfect fit for your hubby!

marianne said...

Very cute...looks like a real denim pocket!

Trace4J said...

SUPER COOL!!
Great idea Dianne.
Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Diane, what a great idea for the man in your life - a "To Do" list - Yayy!! Just what my hubby should have! Love the masculine paper and the buttons, and that pocket stamp is fabulous.

Thanks for visiting my blog - hugs, Sylvia xx

EllenH said...

Love, love, love this! All the personal details make this over the top!

Angela Weimer said...

Such a great card. I tend to create more girlie things too. You have done a great job with this.I also peeped through your blog and have to tell you I love your butterfly box too. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Kelly said...

Too cute! Love the pocket on this card that hold the to do list.

Shirley said...

How very clever and what a really great card! I love the pocket and the to do list hanging out!