Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Heart Shaped Basket




This is my lavender and lace heart shaped basket for the challenge at Joan's Garden's......
I had to "print" mine on some rather flimsie cardstock, as my printer (that I really do love).....
will not accept my better quality cardstock.....
but what's a girl to do??
I added some lace to the edge...used my small Hydrangea punch for flowers.....
and added "bling" centers...
the leaves were cut with a Sizzix die......
I also opted to use gingham ribbon (my favorite) for my handle.....
I made one of these heart baskets about a year ago for Valentines Day.....
if I didn't have it nicely packed away, I would show you that one, too!
I added some shredded paper to help the cardstock "behave"...
I have 2 more of these printed.....
if I have time I will finish then for the challenge as well!

8 comments:

Danni said...

How gorgeous!!

Trace4J said...

Beautiful..Love lavender.
Granny Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Diane, everything about this is beautiful. Great colors and the look of gingham is always a hit with me. Great job.

Thanks so much for entering Joan's Gardens Summer Challenge. I hope you have time to do more.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mary Jo said...

How pretty. The colors feel so much like summer.

Benzi said...

How pretty! Love all the purples and sweet hydrangeas. Very feminine and lacy.

Shirley said...

It really is so beautiful! How feminine and dainty! Love the colors, lace, flowers, and all!

Kelly said...

Oooooh...this is SO pretty. I love your choice of colors. The flowers and lace is gorgeous!