Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Winter Blues

Can you believe we are nearing the end of January
and if you are like me you are very happy about that,
living where I live that means we have almost put 
another month of cold behind us!!

It also brings us to a new challenge theme at
The Sisterhood of Crafters and that theme is
Winter Blues, meaning to use blue in your creation!

I had a pretty powdery blue card base already sitting there
waiting to be used and topped it with a
Penny Black Masterpieces Made Simple
Winter Dream panel that I added some pretty
sparkle-y glitter too (wish you could see it).  The recipient doesn't
have to worry about getting glitter on them either
as I sprayed hairspray on to keep the glitter in it's place!

I matted the panel on brown card stock
then stamped my Pretty Pink Posh sentiment on.
I really like this panel as this photo could be a picture
of my own home place!

Come and have some 'Winter Blues ' fun with us at
The Sisterhood of Crafters!!



10 comments:

Lia said...

Wow, this is soooo beautiful! I like the image and the colours. What did you use to create the snowflakes?
Lia xx

Carol L said...

That is a beautiful scene of nature at it's finest. Although I'm tired of winter already, that snowy background looks amazing. What a gorgeous card!

Darlene said...

What a beautiful scenery card Diane! It's like looking out your beautiful big livingroom window! You have the nicest view from your living room ... I tell everyone about it! LOL Thanks for always sharing such awesome & inspiring cards for the Sisterhood!

Bonnie said...

So thoughtful to keep the recipient glitter free. Looks like you have a beautiful scene till a snow storm broke out.

Kristin Sluhan said...

Wait, this is a single stamp??? Amazing! it looks like a painting! So gorgeous!

Kristin Sluhan said...

OK!!! NOW I see how it's done! I'm inspired to check out what Penny Black is all about now... Hugs!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Diane! What an incredibly beautiful winter wonderland! We have deer in our front pasture, and enjoy them immensely, but never with this type of accompanying beauty in the background! Your masterpiece is lovely, and so picturesque. Speaking of incredible... thank you, Diane, for the way in which you and Dar keep fun challenges going for the rest of us. You're prolific AND amazingly talented - something I really admire. Back in the day, we used to use hairspray to affix lots of things - especially Brilliance Inks and mica powders. I'd forgotten about that trick - thanks for the reminder! Wishing you many warm days. Even here in central FL it has been unusually cold. It's like a yo-yo - we have about 3-4 days of normal, and then a week of below normals with gray, drizzly skies - not at all the average for the Sunshine state! We're not complaining though, since we've been in a drought for the past 2 years. The rain is good, and may help keep us from having a rough "fire season" which occurs during the spring time naturally. hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very beautiful! A gorgeous serene scene! Love the added sparkle.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful serene scene this is Diane and a great glitter tip too! I'm with you about waving bye bye to January - I can't wait for spring! Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

You live in my dream site. I'll bet when the sun shines it sparkles in real life, too. This is sooooo gorgeous, Diane! Because of Sophie I'm ready to put our wet winter behind us.