Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Thought Away

This is my post at the
Dies R Us blog today.

Here it is already the 7th day in January...
Doesn't it seem it was just Christmas yesterday?
I guess time sure does fly as they say.

Speaking of 'flying",
I have a birdie card for you today.
Every Fall we have 100's of birds that gather here
on their way south.
It is fun to see, however you have to be careful
or you will have 'hi-lites' in your hair where you least expect them..lol!

The birds return each Spring back on their way north.
My kitties get great pleasure in watching all the activity


So, that brings us to today's card.
I used  Cheery Lynn Designs Birch Tree With Critters,
(however I didn't add the critters to this one)
cut from scraps of paper.

The clouds behind the tree are a 'negative' cut
using Impression Obsession Clouds.
I will save the die cut clouds for a later use.
I added more scraps of papers behind each cloud.
I then just 'sort of'' fussy cut around the tree and clouds
to add a bit of interest.


I used  Impression Obsession Small Bird Set for my
fancy orange birds.  
These birds were cut from 'snippet's of Color Burst paper
I had left over, which gives them each a unique design.

The cat is Impression Obsession Cat Set.

Make sure and visit our Dies R Us challenge blog.
Just by entering your card, you could win a gift certificate to the store.
Plus, there is always lots of fun inspiration there, too!


3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

That's so cute! Love the tree with all the birds and of course the kitty! Wishing you a lovely day!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Diane!! I love the tree and how you cut the background!! The birds are so pretty!! Gorgeous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, cute! I wish our clouds looked like that. What a happy scene in the middle of winter. We have hummingbird feeders out for our Annas that stay all winter.