Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Forget Me Not Challenge at Double "D"

Hello my friends!
This is an exciting day for myself and my friend Dar 
with our very first challenge at the Double "D"!
You can find the challenge HERE!

We both have the most amazing Design Team
and I am sure when you pop on over and see,
you will recognize most of the designers there!
We also have a 'fabby' prize so you might want to join in with us!
A  little hint...here is the prize being offered,


as well as a Top Pick and a Top 3.

Out theme is "Forget Me Not....
meaning to use blue and flowers and the inspiration tile board
shown below!


I made a round card....
and just love how it turned out


I was looking through my embossing folders
and came across this one, which not only have I never used before 
(NBUS) as Darnell calls it...lol
but also had totally forgotten I even had it!

I embossed, then used a Spellbinders die to cut out only a portion of it.
Underneath that is a 'round" shape card  and a lacey die cut using 
Cheery Lynn Designs Sophies Heart die.

The little wheel barrow is one I had cut from my Cricut (Walk In My Garden cartridge) eons ago.

I filled it with tinny 'forget me nots' which I made
by 'painting' Bashful Blue Twinkling H2o's on.
The flowers were cut with a Cottage Cutz die...
 the centers were made with yellow Perfect Pearls.
I added a tiny bunny (can you see him?)....
and the word 'seeds' is part of the EB folder.

The pretty ribbon bow is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

So there you have it...now head on over to the
and join in with us...hope to see you there!

Entering the following challenges:
Pixie's Snippets Playground .... Snippets
Craft-Dee Bowz .... ATG with handmade bow
Crafty Boots ... Old (EB folder) New (Perfect Pearls)
Fantabulous Cricut .... Something New (Perfect Pearls)

19 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

That little barrow is so cute! Perfect card for our challenge!

Darlene said...

Oh Diane this card is stunning! LOVE that embossed background and the wheelbarrow is perfect! And I didn't even mention the outstanding shape/design of your overall creation ... AMAZING! What a great start to our new challenge blog adventure! I'm thrilled to be sharing the fun with you by my side!!! HUGS and HAPPY DAY!

aussie aNNie said...

Love that embossing folder, you need to tell us who it is from...gorgeous card and just love the bunny.xx {aNNie}

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This card so gorgeous Diane! I love all the pretty detail, the stunning flowers and last but not least the little bunny stole my heart!

Leslie Miller said...

I love those little flowers with their Perfect Pearl centers! I must get a yellow pearl pen. Love those things. That embossing folder couldn't be more perfect for this challenge! What a find in your own stash! Love the bunny tucked into the flowers. Darn, I need a bunny die. Beautiful card, Diane!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome inspired card - love the barrel full of pretty flowers.

ps your dog Nellie is SO CUTE!!

New Creations said...

Stunning one Diane! Love this embossed background with pretty blue flowers and a tiny bunny, perfect in the wheelbarrow! Such inspiring creation, love it!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your first challenge!! Wow, your card is stunning!! I love the shape!! The wheelbarrow full of flowers is fabulous!! I love, love this my friend!! So gorgeous!! I hope to get a chance to play along!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathy Krug said...

Love the shape of this card and the cute wheelbarrow and the embossed sentiment. I have enjoyed visiting the blogs today to see how all the beautiful cards were put together.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Your card is a host of beautiful die cuts, highlighted with that pretty shade of blue, it looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Mrs Beez said...

Wow this is stunning! Beautifully done. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW what a beautiful card. Love all the elements you have used on it. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous. I just love the inspiration photo and what you have done with it. I popped over to look at your challenge, such lovely cards and ideas.

Di said...

Beautiful card Diane for a great new challenge. What super DT makes and this is just gorgeous!

Really lovely!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Congratulations on being a Playground Pick, Diane! Your snippets card is simply gorgeous!! I wish you and Dar success with your new Double D Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

PS, forgot to say, way to go using your NBUS and thank you for the shoutout!! xxoo

Linby said...

This is just so beautiful. I love forget me nots (almost as much as poppies) I think I need to track down that folder.

Mac Mable said...

This is such a beautiful card. Plenty of detail, the layout and the colours gorgeous and so very pretty, love it x

Lynn B. said...

This is lovely. Such a soft and pretty card, beautiful job! Thank you for joining us at FCCB.