Thursday, January 14, 2016

Love Bunnies

This is my post at the
Dies R Us blog today.

Hi there!  Here we are just a month away from Valentines Day
and time to think of getting all those Valentines made 
for your loved ones.



One of the big trends in 2015 was shaker cards
and you know what, I truly believe they are here to stay!
I love shaker cards, do you?
They are super easy to make with all the fabulous dies
available to us!

I started with two 4" panels cut from Pearlized Esse white card stock.
This card stock has a nice texture and sheen, so pretty!

From one of the panels, I used
Cheery Lynn Designs Heart To Heart Doily set
to cut a negative.
 (I can use the heart die cut on another card later).



I ran strips of foam tape around the entire heart after
I had adhered a clear card stock over the heart.
(A little hint is to remove the tape covering the foam
first, this way it is easier to manipulate) 

Behind the heart opening I added 
Impression Obsession Heart Stems
cut from a Red Metallic Mirror paper.

Two little 'love bunnies' were added using
Impression Obsession Mini Bunnies.

Before adhering the heart down, I sprinkled a few
red sequins to the back panel in the heart area.
Then I carefully lined up both panels,
and the shaker part was done!

The word "love' was added to the front panel
using Cheery Lynn Designs  Love.

I wanted to keep this card as CAS as I could
and had debated adding a bow...I decided I liked it as is!

Make sure to visit here Monday-Friday for daily inspiration
and to see lots of the dies in use.

Visit us at our challenge blog and join in with us!

Entering the following challenges:
Scrapy Land ....ATG
Fun Cuts Alphabets Challenge.... 'H"  for Hearts 

8 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful creation.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! Those heart stems are beautiful! Wonderful card!

Leslie Miller said...

It does look great as is! Love that you put the bunnies in there. Those heart stems are awesome!

Anne Temple said...

This is so cute. Love the little bunnies and the heart stems are now on my wish list :-).

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the little bunnies and the heart stems!! The shaker is fabulous!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card!! I just got those same IO heart stems die and I haven't used it yet. After seeing your lovely card I think I will have to try it right out. Love that your card is a shaker! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous card Diane. Love "all" the hearts and the shaker part too! Aren't those little bunnies the cutest?

Little C's Creations said...

Simply Sweet project!! Thank You for submitting your project to my Alphabet challenge. I hope you had fun and will join me again for another week of fun!!!

Aloha,
Jen
Fun Cuts
www.faithhopelove1cor13-13.blogspot.com