Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Love Of An Old Dog

We are back and in full swing at The Sisterhood of Crafters
with our first challenge for the year 2016!

This time around Lisa is our hostess and she has chosen the theme
'Something OLD, Something NEW'
She wants us/you to dig around in your stash and use something
you have had for awhile and then something new that you just 
purchased or maybe received as a gift.



Well, certainly the something old in this girlies craft room is everywhere...
including ME and the DOG...LOL!
But what is really old on my card is the ribbon.
It is Stampin' up Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon that I had
marked on it, that it was retired in June 2010..wow!



Now that brings us to the 'new'.
The old dog stamp I received from my hubby for Christmas this year.
I LOVE it as it looks just like my Nellie dog.
But of course, 
Nellie would not be caught in a hat like that...lol!!

I stamped it in Versamark and used my favorite Sparkle N Sprinkle
Coffee embossing powder, then just touched it a bit with my Copics.
I don't have very many brown shades of Copics yet,
so the shading is not the best.



The button tied on the ribbon is wood...
looks a bit retro....
it came from Hobby Lobby.

It's a simple card...but I like it!!

Now head on over to The Sisterhood and have some fun yourself
by joining in with us!!  See you there!!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafty Boots .... Something Old/Something New
Eureka Stamps .... Use Something New
Love To Scrap .... New Beginnings
Deep Ocean .... Something New
Ike's World .... New Beginnings
Word Art Wednesdays .... ATG

12 comments:

Anne Temple said...

This is such a sweet card. Love the image and the sentiment.

Diane said...

Wonderful quote and card design.

Hugs Diane

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so sweet. I like the Emerson stamps and this one is cute. Your dh has good taste in stamps. I also love the sequins, I am quite fond of putting them on my cards.

Vickie Y said...

I LOVE stamps by Emerson (got to meet him in his studio when I was in Florida a year ago!) Your card is adorable!

Leslie Miller said...

Love, LOVE the dog stamp and quote! That ribbon was retired in 2010? I knew it retired, but, my, how time flies. I have it in all colors and never use it but will have to make a point of it. Love the grass and the little flower button, too. Such a cute card, Diane!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh isn't this image fab and presented so well with all of the layers and embellishments. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! I thought I'd stop in to visit and of course I see this little cutie :) Happy New Year and I do hope you will join me in some of my challenges this year too!

Take Care ~
Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card this is!! I love the sweet image and sentiment!! You did a perfect job of mixing old and new!! Beautiful my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sand Lee said...

Love the dog stamp...so so sweet!!! And that flower in the corner is the perfect touch! xx

Lee said...

Awww...what a sweet ole pup! Love that sentiment too! Thanks for playing with us at LTSCB!

Mrs Beez said...

What a lovely image and sentiment and your design is just perfect to showcase it. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, fun image, and wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT