Wednesday, August 16, 2017

All White Challenge at Double D

Today at Double D Challenges Team Darlene is hosting
and the theme is an ALL WHITE challenge
using the gorgeous mood board below for inspiration!



I love these mood boards and I love these challenges as sometimes
they put me a bit out of my comfort zone,
which is what a challenge is all about...right?



I knew right away the creation I was going to make for this challenge though.
Several years ago I had purchased a Christening Dress die from Cottage Cutz
and absolutely love the sweetness of it.
Plus the fact that this summer I am expecting my 4th great grandchild (a girl)
and will be needing a card for her christening.
(I know, you don't have to mention it, I am waaaay too young to be a great-grandma...LOL)



I used a Spellbinders Labels Four die to cut an opening in my card stock.
Once cut out, I embossed with a Sizzix EB folder.
I computer generated the sentiment, one I love,
and placed under the opening (window).
Then I added my christening gown and bonnet,
a few CLD Leaf Flourishes and branches from the CLD Wreath Strip dies.
These are two of my 'go to' dies most of the time, I just love them!
Three little white Roses were then added!

So, make sure and visit (and join in with us) the Double D
and see all the gorgeous, gorgeous creations from the Double D girls!!

Entering the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
Ooh La La .... Flowers
The Paper Girls .... Flowers
Use Your Stuff ... For The Love of Children
Scrap and Craft ....  New Baby

17 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

You have rocked this challenge once again. I love the sentiment and how you framed it. So much texture and dimension in this card make it special. The tiny flowers are perfect with the embossing folder. Just WOW!!!

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL white on white, love the style and sentiment used, your little roses add that special touch.xcx[aNNie]

Ros Crawford said...

You always make the best WOW cards and this is proof! It's stunning Diane! Beautiful design and perfect elements!
By the way... you need to put those cats on birth control!!LOL! Oh my... more kittens? Good job my son isn't there he would keep every one!

Vicki said...

Beautiful, Diane! Such an adorable and intricate design. Love the embossed frame and gown die cut.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Diane
Gr Karin

Darlene said...

You truly outdid yourself on this creation Diane! Absolutely GORGEOUS and just precious with that christening gown, baby roses and perfect sentiment! Absolutely STUNNING my friend!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ha! I have a few friends who are great-grandmothers. Of course, they're all WAY older than me! In your decrepit elder years you just get better and better with your card making skills, though, 'cause this is gorgeous! Love the embossed background with the foliage twining along the die cut opening, and the Christening gown is pure sweetness. What a perfect choice for white on white!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! I love the all white!! The dies and layers are gorgeous!! And what a beautiful sentiment!! Love this, my friend!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Phelan said...

I knew you were a great Nana, I just didn't know you were a GREAT Nana! :) I adore your sweet, sweet card! I may have to borrow that christening gown die, it's gorgeous! Congratulations! Your card is perfectly sweet and that sentiment is divine!

Judy Woodland said...

Whaaaaaat?????? GREAT grandchildren. Wow, I had no idea, that's amazing!!! I agree with you about that die, it's so incredibly sweet. I have never seen it before. I love how you have cut out the window from that embossed background panel.....what a super idea!!! That embossing folder is one of the first ones I have ever owned. I won't tell you how many I have now...lol. Your card is just adorable, so elegant and classy.

Shona Erlenborn said...

So, so sweet! Love the white on white for a christening card. Just perfect for your great grandchild!!!

meg said...

Stunning creation thank you for joining in the challenge at Ooh-la-la.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is so sweet Diane. What fabulous detail - these small things make the card so extra special.

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! that is a beautiful card, so precious in it's design and sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrap & Craft Inspiration. Good luck
Hugs
Suzi

Chris C said...

Absolutely stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

julie_woolston said...

Stunning card love white on white.
Thank you for joining us at OLLCB.
Hugs Julie xxx

Ginny Maxam said...

wow, what a beautiful card!! I think it is my favorite out of all teh entries this challenge! Thank you for taking the time to join in the challenge at Word Art Wednesday! Ginny M DT