Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Be Merry and Bright

Today's card is one that I needed to do
to get my mind back in the creating mode.
I have been working the last week with the hubby
getting ready for a cancer fund raiser golf outing that
is in it's 35th year, and I think he has been volunteering
for the last 25 at least.
(Somehow when he volunteers I am very involved, too..lol)

So, I saw this challenge at CAS Watercolour and thought it
was a technique I had yet to try,
and plus the fact I had won a gift certificate to Scrapyland
and decided my 'gift' would be the perfect die for this challenge.

The challenge is to create a CAS watercolor card using salt.


My above card is my first attempt to try this technique.....
The die I used is a Poppystamp Evangeline Floating Square.
I used some of the first water colors I ever purchased (cheap and old..lol).
I have some really nice watercolors now and think when I have time
(whenever that might be) 
I will try this again to see if I can get a much bolder look.

Entering in the following challenges:
Connie Can Crop .... Watercolors (m)
Cas Watercolour .... Salt Technique (8/24)

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! You got a fabulous result!!I love your card Diane! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS Watercolour! (ps... You did link up didn't you? I didn't see it in the gallery)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cute die and a lovely Christmas card!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh and pink! It turned out beautiful, Diane! Another technique I have to try. I may have tried it years ago, but not sure. I absolutely LOVE the die, too!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the technique you used!! It looks so beautiful!! I love the colors for a Christmas card, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Judy Woodland said...

The salt technique is one of my all time favorites when it comes to watercolor. You have done it beautifully here. And how clever to make a non-traditional Christmas card. This is just beautiful....I think I will pin!!!

Loll said...

This is your first time trying salt??!! You has mastered it, Diane! Gorgeous colours for your wintery snowflake topper. The salt bursts in the pink are amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love your pretty pink background, I had forgotten about the salt technique, but how FAB! Loving that frame and those pretty snowflakes. This looks so chilly! (in a good way!)

Darlene said...

WOW! Your salty water color turned out so pretty and much better than mine! Maybe my salt is too old! LOL This is BEAUTIFUL and I love that die (currently on my wishlist). Awesome inspiration ... great job!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous shades of pink salted background, Diane for your beautiful Die Cut snowflake frame. I think your watercolors made a beautiful wash for your CAS design. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

Christine Alexander said...

great effect with the salt, you got some wonderful salt crystal effects. Love your die cut :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour

Bonnie said...

Your salted watercolor background is gorgeous, Diane! And I love that die! I'm so glad you found CAS Watercolour and shared your beautiful card with us!

Katydid Cards said...

An unusual color for a Christmas card and I LOVE it! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop for our monthly challenge! Good luck!

Susan said...

Your salted background is wonderful! You got great effects with it, and it sets off the snowflakes beautifully. Lovely non-traditional Christmas colours! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Unknown said...

Love this! The colors are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop for her monthly challenge!

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Nice and CAS card, great technique too. TFS and for joining Connie Can Crop challenge "watercolors". Good luck, and we hope to see your work again.