Friday, May 31, 2024

Pansies

 Hello friends, I FINALLY was able to join in the fun at
Woodblock Wednesday where the use of a Woodblock stamp is required.
It is always the last Wednesday of the month so get those woodblocks out,
head on over and have some fun like I did!


I hate to admit it but I have a ton and I mean a ton of woodblock stamps
that I will never purge (I rarely purge anything) to use whenever I can.
This stamp, PSX 1995 came in my haul from a friend that gave me
a car load (and I mean a car load) of stamps that she didn't want anymore
and 90% of them were woodblock!
I colored it in with a mix of Copics and Olo markers, my Copics are running dry
and I have never had luck with the refills so switched to Olo's which I love
as they go so smooth, someday I hope to have ALL the colors!
I got a little carried away adding some bling but am pretty happy with
how it turned out,  I picked this Pansy stamp as my Mom's birthday was
in May and her favorite flowers were pansies, she would of loved it!



Thanks to those of you that were kind enough to stop by!!

Also entering the following challenges:
Simon Says  Wednesday .... ATG
Shopping Our Stash .... How Does Your Garden Grow
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
Retro Rubber .... Lavender Love



6 comments:

Pamela Duncan said...

Good morning - I was just posting my kitty card after yours on one of the challenges and saw your beautiful pansies. I had to pop over to see where the image was from and to admire your coloring. It's simply stunning and I know was loved <3 .

~amy~ said...

YAY Diane, so happy to have you joining in the fun this month! This is gorgeous, love those purple pansies! How lucky are you that you received and have so many woodblock stamps.

Heather said...

Goodness these pansies are gorgeous! Love them, and so perfect for Retro! A perfect take on our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

creative lady said...

Cute card, love the pansies. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful stamp, and beautifully colored! I'm happy to see you played along in Retro Rubber, too. I always mean to do that. I've enjoyed seeing all the stamps from your friend a little at a time as you've shared them. So many really great stamps! I'm going to try to play with my woodblocks for next time. You and Darlene have inspired me!

dj said...

So very pretty!! How does your garden grow? With purple pansies, of course!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our garden challenge over at "Shopping Our Stash" Deb Horst, DT #SOS522