Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Polka Dots

Hello friends, we are into our second round of challenges
here at Double D for MAY with a theme of
POLKA DOTS!

We want to see lots of polka dots on you creation
and have a very polka dotted mood board for inspiration! 

I went with a rather simple card this time, using an already die cut
card front with an oval window left over from another project.
I added a My Favorite Things polka dot paper behind the oval
and topped it with a Cottage Cutz Bird Trio die cut from a  scrap of green!
I was going to die cut it again and paper piece the birds on but decided
I liked the entire die cut in the green resting on the blue dots!
The sentiment is from Pink Fresh Studio Simply Sentiments-Hello
stamped in Dew Drop Teal Zeal.


Wonder on over to Double D and have some POLKA DOT fun with us!

8 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Love the blue and green color combo! That bird and branch die cut is beautiful and what a lovely sentiment. Sweet!

Darlene said...

I too love your color combo and the design is just perfect! That bird trio is one of my favorites and LOVE that sentiment, I'll have to get my hands on that one!

Barbara said...

Polka dot background always makes a great background, and you went a step further with a blue one. It really sets off the die cut branch with the birds. Sometimes we just need to make a simple, but creative card.

Leslie Miller said...

I love how this came together, Diane. A favorite color combo and one of my favorite Cottage Cutz bird dies. You know how I love seeing your CC stuff. They're having another sale. Wondering if I'll be weak this time, sheesh.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE these colors together. I would never have thought to die cut that silhouette image in lime green, and it looks amazing against that polka dot background. You are a GENIUS my friend!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving the zingy lime green birdie branch against the aqua polka dot paper Diane! Thanks for the smile :) Vicky x

Carol L said...

Not only are those polka dots making a cute background for those birds, the sentiment is just awesome! What a sweet and wonderful card!

Vicki said...

So very pretty! The oval window design with blue polka dots makes a beautiful background for that lovely branch of birds. The green really pops against the blue. Fabulous sentiment!