Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Pick Three

Hello friends, at Double D we have a fun challenge theme for you
that is perfect for the month of June.
It is: 
PICK THREE
meaning that you pick three or more of
what is offered below...easy peasy!!

Something OLD, Something NEW Something BORROWED and/or Something BLUE
Example:  can be an old stamp, die, paper etc, or new of the same, or something borrowed from another crafter
and/or something blue, just have fun with it!

Here is our mood board for inspiration:

I found this to be an easy challenge theme and could of gone
so many different directions with this, but in the end chose
something NEW, something BLUE, and a whole lot of OLD!

My New is a Simon die I had just received the day before I started my card.
Blue and Old are all the same:
Blue and Old paper from Stampin Up
Blue and Old bird from my scrap die cuts and 
Blue and Old Hello also from my Scrap die cuts

Can't wait to see YOUR creation at Double D
and while there check out all the pretty inspiration from our design teams!!

7 comments:

Birgit said...

Such a pretty card in blue! This was a great challenge, inspiring us to use up something old. Most everything in my stash is considered "old" now. It's always fun to create from what we have and not feel the pressure to buy "new" all the time. Your pretty blue bird over the patterns is so very pretty!

Vicki said...

This is so pretty, Diane! Love the pattern in the die cut background and bird on a branch. The white shadow on the sentiment really makes it pop.

Leslie Miller said...

I think this is the sweetest, prettiest card in blue, Diane! Now I'm picturing it all different colors. It would make a really nice boxed set with all the colors. I love the bird die a lot, and the patterned rectangle die makes a super nice background!

Barbara said...

I liked this challenge too as you inspired us to use old and new and blue. You certainly got in the blue. I love the texture on the is card even though it is monochromatic. Good job with the challenge.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so, so pretty. I love that background, and the die cut cover plate if fabulous. Just outstanding!!

Carol L said...

Isn't it amazing how we can pull things from our scraps and create a pretty card once a challenge asks for certain elements to use? This is just beautiful and a great take on this fun challenge!

Donna Phelan said...

This is so sweet! Love your water colored bird on a branch and your background die is fabulous (looks like one I have used as well--great minds and all). Great all occasion card!