Saturday, August 15, 2015

Good Things

This is my post on the
Dies R UR Us challenge blog today!

Can you believe we are half way through August?
Yikes, where has our summer gone..who took it...
I want it back!!

I think maybe being on these design teams
 makes me even more aware of how fast time goes by,
which brings me to this card for the new challenge
at Dies R Us which is "The Great Outdoors".

My hubby and I used to fish on a private lake he once owned
waaaaaay up north as we like to say..lol.
So my idea of the great outdoors is all about fishing!


I used a cute digital from Stitchy Bears to build my
outdoor scene....and nothing says outdoors like trees
and lots of them!

The Birch tree is a Cheery Lynn Designs die called
(I didn't use the critters...)

The pine trees are Impression Obsession Fir Trees.
come in all 3 sizes shown.

I added a little red cardinal from the
 Impression Obsession Birch Trees set.
Can you guess what I cut him from?
A bit of the red velvet wreath ribbon you see at Christmas,
I think it really makes him "pop".

I finished off with a sentiment also from Stitchy Bears
that I printed in Microsoft Word, then used
Impression Obsession Clouds to cut it out!

I encourage you to join in the challenge with us,
there is a great prize to be won!

Don't forget to visit our beautiful inspiration at the
Dies R Us blog!

Entering the following challenges:
Deep Ocean #110 .... Maritime
Crafting With Friends .... ATG




7 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute! I love the design here Diane..

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the scene you created and especially like the trees you used for wonderful dimension.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Too Too Cute! Love the scene you've created here! What a fabulous use of die cuts!!

Leslie Miller said...

Too dang cute, Diane! Boy, wouldn't Wally and LuLu love a private lake! We're taking them up the river today. I see lots more swimming in their future.

Furrbster said...

What a fun image and lovely layering too!!

Hugz Tinz

Judy McKay said...

Cute scene you have created. Nice card. Fun cards with great colors.

Gail said...

Such a sweet card TFS