Monday, August 10, 2015

Guest Designing At Crafty Boots

Hi there!

I am excited to say I am the Guest Designer at the
Crafty Boots challenge blog today!
The challenge is Life's A Beach or Summer Holidays.
Well, I am sure you can tell I went with summer holidays!



Years ago when the kiddos were "wee" we would go camping
and what fun it was, well until a tornado went through the park.
That was the end of our camping days!

But I have always loved those retro little campers
Wouldn't it be fun to own one?
I have read in magazines and seen on TV,
where a group of ladies have the cutest little campers
and get together for camp outs...
I would love to do that...

On well, at least I can create my own little camper 
with the help of this cute die from My Favorite Things
called Happy Camper.
(I am giving you a link, just in case you have to have one of your own!)
I cut it from metallic paper which gives it a real nice shine!



Do you see the little chipmunk on the stump?
And the "hawk" in the tree?
That little fellow had better watch out
or he will be a meal for either the dog or the hawk......
Don't worry, no animals were harmed in the making of this card..LOL!

I want to thank Crafty Boots for having as a guest designer this month,
I enjoyed creating a card for your challenge!

Some of other dies used in this are:
Impression Obsession Fir Trees
Impression Obsession Dogs
Elizabeth Crafts CountryScapes Woods 2 (stump)

Entering the following challenges:
House of Cards .... Metallics
Simon Says Wednesday .... Home Grown Summer
Amusing .... Summer Fun
Dragonfly Journey .... Men/Boys
Allsorts ... Inspired by Sumemr

14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

You create the best little scenes ... I could walk right into this one ... Super creation!

Dee's Craft Room said...

This is such a clever design. I really love this scene, it reminds me of my childhood holidays.

Thank you so much for being out Guest Designer.

Dionne

Darlene said...

OMG this is tooooooo cute! You're so good at pulling these outdoors scenes together! Now JUST WHEN do you think you'd have time to go 'camping with the girls?" LOL ... it would have to be a bigger camper than this one to handle all your crafting supplies! LOL Awesome creation and congrats on the Guest Designer spot! Well deserved!!

Anne Temple said...

How adorable! You've created a fabulous scene!

Lisa said...

Congrats on your guest design spot!! This is the cutest card!! I want to camp in that camper!! I love the sunny curtains you added to the window!! The entire scene is fabulous!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Hahaha! Glad no animals were harmed! This looks just like Wally and LuLu outside tonight, very interested in a squirrel that was teasing them. It was busy eating salal berries. Anyway, this sure is cute! I love the camper and, yes, camping with a group of ladies sounds like fun. A tornado does NOT sound fun, though.

Mynn xx said...

What a beautiful summery scene! I LOVE all the different dies and papers you used--the colors are amazing! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a cute little scene! Just wonderful! Great to see you playing with us at HOC this month!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! I just LOVE your cute camper and yes I wish I had one of my own too! Your layout and all of the extra special touches you added are just perfect! Thanks so much for joining my Boys will be Boys challenge this week.

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

susiestacey said...

Great card, many happy holiday memories.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Inspired By Summer' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely charming little card! And you're right-- I dream of being one of those cute camper owners! Maybe someday! But I do love how your card conveys all of those fond family camping memories. That must've been quite a tornado you made it through! We haven't run into that yet (fingers crossed). I really love all of the animals you included in your scene and how the camper pops with that great shade of red! I also like the stitching detail on the edges of the grassy hills. You've combined so many shapes and dies and colors with masterful skill. Thanks for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Shawna said...

I love camping and I just love this card!! So cute and graphic!! I really am glad you joined us at HOC.. Thank you so much.
Hugs
Shawna~DT

Unknown said...

What a cute scene you created! Thanks for sharing with us at House of cards!