Monday, February 15, 2016

It's A Cupcake Kind of Day

This week at the Dies R Us challenge blog
our theme is RED.

I have to admit it threw me off course a bit as
in my mind all I could think of was red hearts.....
talk about having a one track mind!



But, while out shopping last week
I came across this cute little stamp that was marked
way down.
Now I don't need any stamps, but it was too much of a
bargain to pass up, let alone being so darn cute!

I colored him in with a few Copics,
added some red stitckles to the sprinkles, and
outlined his whiskers and eyes with a stardust clear pen
to create more sparkle.

to cut out the image and the glitter paper under him.

 The background was cut from a scrap piece of red card stock

Here is a close up of the stitching.



If you follow my blog you will know I have a bit of an addiction
to the 'stitched' dies lately!

across the top (yes, I know it is not centered, I wanted it that way)
...so all in all I did manage to get my hearts in!

 A pretty simple card...
the inside I computer printed a sentiment
'It's a cupcake kind of day'!

Now pop on over the the Dies R Us challenge blog and see
what my 'teamies' have come up with for their 'RED' cards!

entering the following challenges:
Poppystamps .... Crazy In Love
(now doesn't my little kitty look as though he is "Crazy In Love' with his cupcake?...LOL)
Critters and Creatures Linky Party ...ATG with Critter
Addicted To Stamps .... Die Cuts
Craft For The Craic .... Something To Make You Smile

15 comments:

Glenda said...

Such a cute image and I love the clothesline hearts! Well done girl! Thinking of you!

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely banner that is! It looks like my Ginger got the cake Lol!! Beautiful card .... Still thinking of you my friend

Darlene said...

LOL ... what a cute image and your card is ADORABLE through and through! Love that banner!

Sand Lee said...

Funny!!! Looks like he's enjoying that cupcake and you did such a great job bringing it to life! So sorry for your loss!!! xx

Amelia Breytenbach said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, what a cute stamp! I wouldn't be able to pass it up, either. I don't remember seeing either the heart banner or the stitched background. LOVE both! What a great eye you have!

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, what a happy card. Love your kitty and the cute little banner.

Shirley

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the sweet image!! That heart banner is a must-have!! The touch of sparkle is fabulous!! Love this my friend!! Thinking of you. Big Hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card, adorable image and love the dies you used. Thank you so much for playing along in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! A lovely design and a cute image. The hearts banner is great and I like the dimension on the sprinkles too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted To Stamps. Marlies

Migdalia said...

Totally cute & fun!! I am a huge fan of cupcakes!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

pam said...

Adorable card Diane, what a lovely image, love your background using the die and those cute washing line hearts.
Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps blog.
Pam x

Sue McRae said...

Very fun card with that cute kitty and I love the dotty hearts! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

Jeanne J. said...

So fun! I love the dotted hearts too! That kitty has me smiling ear to ear!

Ger said...

Love the image, the die cut background and the glitter! Great card. Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic