Monday, February 1, 2016

Snippets~Scraps and More



I have to say today has been a less then productive day!
Do you get those days where you are just 'antsie'
and can't really put your finger on it?
You know those kind of days where you just can't
settle down and do anything.

Well that is the kind of day I am talking about,
except that I can put my finger on it.
I am worried about my Mom and her breast cancer.
She is having bad pain in her back and we both know
it is related to the cancer.
We go on Wed. to get more results.
Oh and on last Monday we were told our much beloved
child/dog has lymphoma .... the beginning of this year really stinks!

So, since I can't seem to settle down to anything,
and do need to work on some design things,
but know my heart is not into it right now,
I decided maybe I could find something that caught my
eye in a challenge.
I saw the Mojo Monday sketch and it looked easy
and wouldn't tax my brain too bad,
So I went with that and also I try to play weekly
over at 'Di's Snippets challenge'
so this was a perfect card to choose to make!

Here is the sketch.


Cute, isn't it?

Here is my card.


I used all scraps for this.
I have clear bags I keep all my bits and pieces of things
I stamp and cut but then don't use
sorted by color and I had this snippet of old SU paper
set aside on my desk to use as it is one I have loved.



So the entire snippets/scrap card was based on that
little piece of paper.

Thanks for visiting!
Also entering the following challenges:
Pixies Snippets Challenge .... Snippets
Dragonfly Journeys .... Pretty In Pink
Butterfly Challenge  .... "O" is for Over The Edge

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Diane, totally understandable that your mind is not on crafting. I hope the news isn't worse for you on Wednesday and your poor fur baby - so sad. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Your card is so sweet - I love the jar.
Hugs Sharon. x

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card this is my friend!! I love the sweet image and the details!! The embossing is fabulous!! I have already added your sweet mom to my prayers...I will now add your precious fur baby, too. Is is Nellie? Sending lots of hugs and prayers my friend.

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Barb said...

Hello Diane, I'm so very sorry to read about you Mum and you dear dog. What an awful time you're going through. I'm glad you were able to settle for a while to make your beautiful card. What a lovely fairy jar! Your snippets of paper and sequins look very pretty too. Barbxx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh your card is so cute!! I made a fairy jar for my great niece Sophie ... she was worried about the tooth fairy not coming ... now she has somewhere to put the tooth!
Diane I am so sorry to hear your news ... sigh. It's a really bad time for you with your mum and your fur baby... Keeping you in my thoughts and sending big hugs your way my friend...

Di said...

Oh Diane, first of all here's a big hug to warm you and hopefully news will be better than you fear. It's so understandable that you can't really settle down to anything much - although you sure made a stunning card here! I adore the fairy in the jar - and such a pretty card.

Hugs

Di xx

Leslie Miller said...

It is a cute sketch and I love the simplicity of it. Ultra-darling card you made, too! Diane, my heart did a big floppy drop for you. It was heart wrenching enough about your mom, and now Nellie? I can understand how you feel. Now I'm going to hope for better news on your mom's next visit. Sweet Nellie might have to take it easy, but maybe she'll be overall okay, too. Gosh, I'm sorry your year started out this way.

Mrs A. said...

Big hugs to you Diane and a big thankyou for fluttering along and playing in my challenge. Your butterfly over the edge of the jar is a swell idea. I love that snippet of SU paper too. Not surprised you kept it. All at sixes and sevens here too and can't get by brain into crafting gear. Not through any illness, just everything in the house is breaking at the moment and the cost to repair/replace are not turning out to be cheap. I'm almost afraid to touch anything in case it is the next thing. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Diane,
what a gorgeous card.
Love the fab jar with the Fairy in it.
Beautiful colours also.
Now this is really weird as I have just finished a Anniversary card for my sister with jar of heart buttons in it.
She is also suffering from Cancer too.
Big virtual hugs coming their way to help you cope, and I do hope you have good news today.
Thank you for joining the Butterfly Challenge with delightful card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! This is soooo sweet! I just love that little fairy and how you put this whole thing together. Sending positive thoughts your way for your family. Keep your chin up :) Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Darlene said...

Hello dear friend! Your card is ADORABLE! I haven't yet got around to doing this challenge ... maybe today!
You know your are in my thoughts & prayers daily with everything you have going on right now. Please take care of yourself ... I know how stressful this can be. BIG HUGS and call if you need/want to talk. Prayers going up for your Mom, Nellie & You ... such a difficult time.