Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Warm Thoughts At The Sisterhood

A new challenge starts today at
This time around our hostess is Terri and she has chosen
'Warm Thoughts' for our theme.
Terri wants us to create something that would keep us 'warm'.



Initially I thought of using some of my coffee stamps,
but then remembered some time back I had
created a 'country pinwheel' quilt card
and decided to do another.

In my previous sewing years, I had a ton of quilt books and patterns.
I downsized my crafting supplies several years ago when I started
making paper crafts more then sewing crafts,
but I kept a Better Homes and Gardens 100 quilt patterns book.
I thought at the time it would be perfect to use those quilt designs for cards.



If you look closely, you can see how the pattern was made,
and really quite simple.

Just punch out 16 one inch squares, cut on the angle,
then it's just all about placement..

I chose the warm and cozy colors of red and a hot pink (pun intended...lol)
nothing cozier and warm, then a nice quilt!

I added buttons, ribbon and a button embossed strip at the bottom.
I also 'quilted' my quit with an EB folder.

Now it's your turn...head on over to The Sisterhood to see
what my 'sistah's' have to inspire you!

Products used:
Papers ....SU Pink Passion, Doodlebug Designs Sweetcakes
Buttons....Hobbylobby
Ribbon .... Really Reasonable Ribbon
Other .... Embroidery Thread, Twine, white card stock, EB folder

9 comments:

Sand Lee said...

Such a great idea for the challenge and I love how you dry embossed on the pieces....it really looks quilted! xx

Darlene said...

I just love this card Diane! It makes me warmer just looking at it! I really need to give that embossing design paper technique a try ... looks awesome! Another fabulous creation ... well done!
Hope you're staying warm ... I know you got hit with a LOT of snow! Remember ... Spring is right around the corner!

Anonymous said...



Diane:

What a gorgeous card! Our mutual friend told me to be sure and check it out!

I have always admired anything quilted and tonight I plan to get my punch out and work on one!

Your Illinois Friend!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful creation! Great idea to emboss it after you put all the papers together. Love the hot pink and warm red too! The buttons, ribbon and ribbon are the perfect finish!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is simply outstanding!!

Ros Crawford said...

Clever take on that challenge Diane and so beautifully done!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so wonderful! I would have to love the paper version because I could never sew my points correctly! ;0 This is so wonderful, I would sit it out and look at it all day! Great inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Diane!! I love the quilt look!! The embossing adds such amazing texture!! The papers you used are gorgeous!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that quilt is so pretty! Love how you embossed to add to the quilted look. I think even I might be able to make this quilt. So cute and cozy!