Monday, February 22, 2016

The True Value of a Moment

I wasn't able to settle down today
and do anything that I should be doing,
so instead I decided to make a card just for a few challenges.

I always try to do a couple of my favorite challenges each week

I also have a goal to use up as much as I can this year
of scraps (snippets) and things I have already die cut and/or stamped.


In my little bag of 'black' scraps I had this pretty little verse
which holds so true for me this week with the loss of my precious
Nellie dog.

Along with that you will see the snippet of a doily behind it
which I probably should of tossed long ago,
but it came in handy for this card.

The frame was cut from a glossy piece that was packaging from
an embossing folder I had purchased.  I saved it as it has lines
running down it (which YOU can't see in the photo...but I can..lol)

The background paper is a scrap of an old SU paper.
I distressed the edges of it and kind of love the look.

I added a few sequins and a twine bow to finish.

Entering in the following challenges:
Dragonfly Journeys ....Black/White and/or Ivory

6 comments:

Sarn said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss . . . no wonder you couldn't settle to anything.

Nevertheless, you've made a gorgeous monochromatic card and I love all the elements on it and the sentiment is brilliant.

Thanks for coming over to play in the Snippets Playground. Parsnip says he's going sit on the bench with you and give you a few hugs. Oh, and if you need to drown your sorrows, just come on over to the Tree house! xxx

Darlene said...

This is just beautiful! Love the design and the sentiment is SO TRUE! Awesome creation my friend! You're on a roll ... enjoy!

Bonnie said...

So sorry for your loss! What a wonderful verse and such pretty snippets!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Fabulous sentiment, outstanding card! This is such a rough time, Diane. I can't imagine how I'll handle it when the time comes.

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Diane!! I love the sentiment!! It's a perfect focal point!! The butterfly is gorgeous!! Thinking of you my friend. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! Of course the most important thing first of all is that you have my condolences regarding Nellie. I know you have many happy memories to hold close to you. The sentiment on your card is just beautiful, and this card turned absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you so much for joining my challenge this week and take care :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys