Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Color Challenge

A new challenge theme starts today at
Double D and it's all about color!
 COLOR CHALLENGE

(use one of these drink colors for your project)
 

I not only let the yellow lemonade inspire me
but the lemon itself!
I had saved this one last napkin from last summer to use
for the 'napkin/glitter technique' which can be found on youtube
for instructions.  I used a double sided adhesive first placing
on a heavy white card stock, then peeling off the remaining
paper and adhering the napkin to it.  I trimmed it up a bit
then covered the entire piece with Versamark
then used SU's heat and stick powder
covering the entire napkin piece.  Once heated with my heat gun
I dumped transparent Crystal Glitter Ritz on it.
In the video they use SU Dazzling Diamonds
which I have but I think that one might be semi-transparent
and I really wanted the image to show thru.
Then you just heat set it again to make sure the glitter adheres.
I didn't want to add a sentiment yet and not even sure if I will.


Lots of colorful and pretty inspiration over  on
the Double D challenge blog, so you might want to pop on over
there and take a peek, Join in with us too using one of the four
colors shown on the mood board above!

9 comments:

Darlene said...

What can I say??? BEAUTIFUL! This is the second card I seen this week using the napkin technique and your card is just awesome! I've picked up some beautiful napkins from the tea shoppe ... maybe I should give this technique a try. Well done! Thanks for the inspiration!

Birgit said...

This is so glittery and pretty Diane! I was wondering what you used to make this.... I thought it was design paper you had somehow glittered up. Then to find out it's a napkin..... brilliant! I'm going to be taking a double look at napkins now when I'm out and about. What a gorgeous look!

Doni High said...

Wow! What a beautiful sparkly bunch of lemon goodness. I really like the little black border against the beautiful yellow of your card base.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! One of my favorite techniques.

Donna Phelan said...

So beautiful and FUN! Love that napkin technique and SU Dazzling Diamonds are AHmazing, may have to put my sunglasses on lol The lemons look so good! Pretty and creative!

Barbara said...

Oh squeal this is a luscious lemon sparkly card. The photograph shows it very well. Do you know when you see a pretty napkin you just got to save it and do something with it. Congrats great job.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I wondered where that gorgeous paper came from and now I know. There are napkins that rival the most beautiful paper and this is one of them. You did an amazing job with the technique.

Vicki said...

This is so pretty! The napkin made for a beautiful design and that shimmer effect is amazing. I have a glitter spray, but never remember to use it. No need for a sentiment on this lovely card.

Judy Woodland said...

Well just LOOK at all that glittery goodness. This is simply fabulous, those lemons are making my mouth water. Stunning, and great take on the challenge.