Saturday, June 24, 2023

Happy Birthday Butterflies

Can You Handle The Pressure challenge blog has a new 'optional' theme
today and it is BUTTERFLIES!
The theme is always optional and you can create anything you want
as long as you have used an embossing folder,
after all that  is what we are all about! 

I used TWO embossing folders for my card.
The base of the card uses an OLD Sizzix SU folder Elegant Bouquet.
I embossed it on a Sizzix card stock brights paper made for the Bigz dies.

The butterflies were die cut, then embossed and inked.
This is one of my favorite folders from Simon Says Stamp
that comes with both the folder AND the dies.
I think it creates the prettiest butterflies and 3 more are included
besides the two I used!

So, get out those neglected embossing folders and come on over to
Can You handle The Pressure
and have some fun with us, there is always a fun prize for a random winner!!

Entering the following challenges:
Day of The Month Card Club #52 .... Birthday

8 comments:

Lia said...

I LOVE the faded backgroundcolors of the butterflies. It's a lovely card.
Lia xx

Melanie Hungerford said...

So pretty, love those embossed butterflies, and the soft color on them really makes them pop!

Darlene said...

WOW what a clever idea to use two embossing folders on this one beautiful card! I would have never thought to emboss the butterflies ... very clever and looks amazing!

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful, I love the soft pinks xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, pretty! The colors are gorgeous. The Elegant Bouquet is one of my most often used EFs. Love how you shaded the butterflies. The embossing folders with matching dies is one of the greatest things since sliced bread. And now many of them have matching stencils.

aussie aNNie said...

This looks so awesome, fabulous image and design are lovely x

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, how stunning. I think I have that butterfly folder/die. Why haven't I used it??? Love your colors, just gorgeous, and I really like that you made the butterfly bodies black, it picks up on the black card base. Fabulous card!!

Anke said...

WOW what a beautiful butterfly card with a great effect, I love the soft pinks.