Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Lemon-Ade

Our new challenge starting today at Double D is all about lemons and/or yellow as your focus.
Pretty easy peasy really!  I chose yellow as it was my Mom's favorite color
and one I also love.  I mean look how pretty, bright and cheerful our mood board is,
it just HAS to make you happy!!

Lemons or Yellow as focus


I spent  couple days looking for my 'lemon' stamp set
only realizing it wasn't a stamp set at all but a die set!!
It's the Spellbinders Lemon Zest die set, one I purchased at a very
discounted price from Hobbylobby!
I pretty much went with their cover scene as I loved the look
of their layout and was able to use all paper scraps on it.
The greens on the card are more of an olive green then my photo
shows, but I could not get the true green color and finally gave up!
I embossed my sentiment in gold to keep in line with the gold
metallic half pearls I added.   The die comes with teeny tiny flower centers
but I chose to add yellow Nuvo to my flower centers!


You don't have to use lemons for your creation but make
yellows your focus color on your card!  Please stop by and visit
Double D and see all the pretty yellow inspiration from the teams!


12 comments:

Vicki said...

This is fantastic, Diane. The two tone leaves, tiny flowers and lemons look amazing against the embossed white. Love that pop of gold with the pearls and embossed sentiment.

Donna Phelan said...

Lemons have never looked so pretty! Love this die set and you put them together beautifully! All that background textured is glorious too!

Barbara said...

I adore this lemon card and just to think that you got the die at a discount. Grat two tone leaves and sunny yellow lemons.

Darlene said...

What a FABULOUS mood board and choice of color ... so uplifting! Your card is fantastic with these sweet lemons against that awesome embossed background! Great job and wonderful inspiration ... you go girl!

Doni High said...

Beautiful card! It's so bright and colorful and the addition of the little god half pearls really make it "pop"!

Leslie Miller said...

You really know how to sniff out those deals. I LOVE this! It's so fresh and lemon squeezy. The colors are vibrant (that green looks great to me), and those little flowers with the Nuvo centers are darling. The Wicker Weave folder is one of my favorite and most often used folders and it looks perfect as a background. So cute all over!

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet card Diane! I was torn between buying the Spellbinders lemon set or the Lawn Fawn lemon set. I love the two tone leaves on your card. Do I really need both of them??? Your beautiful card leaves me in a quandary. ;0)

Judy Woodland said...

I love, love, LOVE this. The white background is perfect, really makes those luscious, beautiful lemons pop. Great design, it's simply FABULOUS!!!

Carol L said...

This is a wonderful card with those colorful lemons, leaves, and gorgeous embossing as well! You left a comment to me on my post today about Instagram. I've never had an Instagram account so you may have wanted to leave that comment for someone else? Just thought I'd mention :)

Kristin Sluhan said...

I just got this die set! I love seeing it in action, it's lovely... Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time!

baileyrosy.com said...

I have this die set and I don't use it often enough. You have inspired me to get it out and use it again as your card is mouthwateringly beautiful love the addition of the Nuvo drops and gold blobs as I call them

Marie

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

So pretty. Your lemons are all decked out with little flowers and gold pearls.
the embossing really takes it to a new "Wow" level. (I also had trouble getting my camera to do my printed green correctly).