Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last Challenge At Joans Gardens For The Season~Combined Card & Tag

Joans Gardens is having her last challenge for the season......however her online store is always open to purchase from....the challenge is anything goes, but we were to make a matching challenge tag and challenge card.......I had this idea in my head for quite awhile.......I had mentioned in a few earlier posts of taking a trip to Joans gardens.....I used some of what I brought back...one of the purchases was the Tim Holtz Paper Stash Resist...the pattern of the paper is "old Patterns".....you spray it with Tattered Angels and/or Perfect Pearls mist (as I did)....then wipe it off ,and areas on the paper "resist" the ink.....I know it is hard to tell in the photo(click on the photo for better detail), but if you could see it in person, its quite noticable!  The butterflies used on both the tag and card are also from this paper line....while at Joans I purchased the new TH die "sewing room"...it was actually the reason I went there...for this "must have" die!!...I added a bit of vintage crochet lace to my dress form and tiny roses...my BIG flower is made from a piece of real pattern paper...I just gathered it and then sprayed it with Tattered Angels...I also stitched around the entire card and distressed all the edges...the little scissors are actually a metal "button"...




The tag.......used the same papers as the card...added a TH "reinforcer" to the tag hole...it is so cute as it has a button design all over it......the little dress form is from Papertrey...I have to make myself a mini album using these dress forms........I have been working on this "set" since 7:30 this morning and its after 1pm now.....it might not look like it, but it was a lot of work, but enjoyableI did forget one thing, I had planned to lightly ink the edges of the dress forms to define them more, but had them on before I remembered...I get so mad at myself when I do stupid things like that............
Recipe:
From Joans Gardens.........Tim Holtz paper Stash Resist~Tim Holtz Die Sewing Room~Tim Holtz Reinforcers~Perfect Pearls Mist~Tattered Angels Mist
Other products used:
Papertrey  dress form die
SU:  Crumb Cake cardstock~Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon
Other from my own stash!

5 comments:

Beverley said...

Beautiful card and matching tag...thanks for sharing it with us.

Stampin' hugz
Beverley

Payne Holler Cards said...

love vintage and yours is stunning!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--total PERFECTION! WOW!

XO
Cindy

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Diane, that is fabulous. I love ever detail you used. You certainly did an excellent job using Tim's new die.

Thanks so much for joining us for the card and tag challenge. Even thought there won't be a Weekly Card Challenge until fall, be sure to keep watching for some fun things coming up.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

I do love your dress form card & tag! Very Creative! I like all the elements you used in both especially the little scissors hanging form the pretty ribbon bow. Hugs,Tee