Saturday, May 14, 2011

Monochromatic Card

Well, after all the issues with Blogger we all have been having I had to completely redo my post for this card...I sure hope they have it resolved...but as I always say "you get what you pay for"...lol...so on to the card.

This week at Joans Gardens the challenge is to make a monochromatic card, have an embossed background, use a flourish, flower,  and a butterfly.  I picked SU elegant eggplant as my color, made my "Rose" using the SU owl punch.....the video is on youtube if interested in seeinghow to do it...easy peasy....I actualy did another step which I won't even mention, as the rose completely covers it up......I can't believe I didn't add a ribbon to it.......thats it for today...I have my pinkeep to get in the mail for my swap I am in and am going to a neighborhood sale of over 30 houses....hope I find some goodies!!

9 comments:

Selma said...

Diane your card is gorgeous. I love that rich eggplant flower and your double mounted butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, Diane, your card is just gorgeous!!! I hope you have fun today--and I'm so happy that the tag arrived!
XO
Cindy

Anonymous said...

love the card
the flower is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
~victoria~

Shirley said...

Absolutely stunning, Diane. All of your background details for your flower are just gorgeous!!!

Darlene said...

Oh Diane this card is GORGEOUS!! Purple is my favorite and it really POPS against the stark white background! Absolutely stunning and I LOVE that flower!! WOWZA!

Janna said...

This card is just beautiful :)

Stella said...

Just one word; FABULOUS!!!!!

Kelly said...

WOW...this card is gorgeous. The rose is made from the Stampin' Up owl...you did a fabulous job, it looks store bought.

Sonia Giles said...

Hi,

Love your card. Am trying to see how you did it and can't find it on youtube. Can you post a link to it or tell me the search words so I can find it?
My e-mail is sonialgiles@aol.com

Thanks,
Sonia