Monday, June 26, 2017

#1 Dad

I have a bunch and I mean a bunch of masculine cards
I created for Tutti Designs.

This one is a bit of fun for a #1 Dad.


When I first received this die I thought
'now what am going to do with shoes?"...lol
I actually made 3 cards with this die and love each and every one
(I will show the other 2 later down the road so to speak).

I used a star embossing folder for the background
and added some red and white twine, and a star charm.

I used Tutti Designs Fancy Shoe,
cutting it twice once in the blue and a second in red for a bit of shadow underneath....
kind of looks like some 'real' shoes I have seen!

I added a punched red circle and a star on that with the sentiment.
This card would work just as well as a birthday card!
Kind of fitting as today would of been my Dad's 94th birthday had he lived.

Entering the following challenges:
Dragonfly Journeys .... Red~White~and Blue-tiful
Cards 4 Guyz .... Stars
Little Red Wagon ....Love You To The Stars and Back

9 comments:

Lisa said...

This is fabulous!! I love the embossed star background and the charm!! So creative to stamp the sentiment in a star, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

I've been enjoying all your fabulous masculine cards the past few weeks, Diane. They are all so unique and innovative, like this one! Love the star theme, with the sentiment inside the big star, and the RWB theme. Beautifully done! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

You sure had all the right stuff for this one! Genius the way you offset the shoe die layers to add that bit of red, and gosh, am I ever a sucker for embossing. Love this!

Judy Woodland said...

That is an awesome way to use that wonderful shoe die. So unique. I love the way you have incorporated stars in several ways on this card, and the color palette is so patriotic. All the little touches just make this card perfect!!!

Jane Willis said...

I love the way you have offset the die cuts, it makes the shoes look really 3-D
Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is darling! I spied it over on the dragonfly blog and had to come take a closer peek :) It's so sweet reminds me of my daughter's dancing on their dad's shoes!

M said...

Great card! Love the background :) thanks for joining the girlfriends at Little Red Wagon this week!! :)

Helen said...

Great card - love the 'shadow' you created on the shoes.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! Oh I just love this card and that die cut is really awesome and so perfect for a Dad or any type of masculine occasion. Thanks so much for joining my Red, White, and Blue-tiful blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys
http://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/