Thursday, June 29, 2017

Happy Retirement

Another 'guy' card...yep, really...lol!!
Pretty easy 'man's card using once again the 
'Fancy Shoe' die from Tutti Designs.


I cut a circle and embossed it to look like a golf ball.
Like I said in a previous post, I struggled using this shoe die,
but ended up loving all 3 cards I made with it.

Now a little story about this card.
It ended up NOT being a retirement card, but a
'from thankful me' card.
My grandson  that had the ATV accident is headed back to California
to 'Project Walk' on the 16th of July to help him
gain more movement in his legs to walk again.
There is a local fund raiser each year that is a golf outing
and they give all profits to someone that needs help.
This year they gave it to Caiden to help with the $6000
he needed to get back to California...
WOW
that was awesome!!
So my daughter and I stamped the thankful sentiment (from SU)
and simply placed it over the happy retirement one
and this is their thank you card to the family for donating..whew..makes me cry!!
Caiden will graduate high school in 2 years and his goal is WALK
across that stage to receive his diploma!!

Entering the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks .... ATG
Scrapyland .... Embossing
City Crafters .... Let's Go Outside and Play

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I'm praying that he will walk on that stage! And I've no doubt he will make it! Wonderful that your family got the donation and your card is fabulous! Hugs to you!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card, Diane, for such a beautiful reason!! It makes me cry, too!! I pray Project Walk works and that he his able to walk well before his graduation. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE how you have made that "golf ball". So stinkin' clever!!! This is such a simple design, and so well thought out. The die is perfect here, just a great man-card!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Yikes! I forgot to say ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a perfect card for the "thanks" you wanted to send! And such a blessing! I know Caiden will walk across that stage when the time comes!

Sherrie K. said...

What a great card~Love the embossing and super cool shoe die! I hope your Grandson walks across stage for his graduation~will send some prayers!
Hugs,
Sherrie k

Sherrie K. said...

Also, thank so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Stella said...

Such a beautiful card for our challenge. You nailed our theme! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Leanne said...

What an amazing card, great embossing, and the shoe dies are very neat. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/4CC