Sunday, June 18, 2017

Bokeh Technique

This is my blog post at 
Sparkle N Sprinkle today.

Hi, Diane with you today.
I know you have seen the 'bokeh' technique
but I have a little 'refresher' course to encourage you
to make one of your own.


I started by taping my watercolor paper down with painters tape.
A little hint is to stick it onto your arm a few times to take
the stickiness out of it so when you remove it from your
paper it doesn't peel off some of the paper with it.


I used a water brush (Aqua Flow) and wet the paper pretty good .
I then used another brush and started adding a few Tim Holtz 
Distress Inks.  The colors I used on this were
mermaid lagoon~picked raspberry~squeezed lemonade.


Once I had the colors the way I wanted I used a card stock
(I heat set the ink first)
and punched out various sized circles and using the negative and a white craft ink.


I started sponging on the circles with the white ink, overlapping as I went .
I once again heat set the panel to dry it.

I ran the Anti Static Bag over the dried panel.
Using Versamark, I stamped on the Poppies image,
then embossed with Black Fine Detail Embossing Powder.


I used the large butterfly from the stamp set Swallowtail Butterflies,
stamped it with Versamark
and once again embossed with Black Detail embossing powder.
The butterfly was then stamped with Versamark again
and then embossed with Flashy Flamingo embossing powder.
I then fussy cut the butterfly out with Tonic Mini 5" scissors.
These work good for very detailed cutting.
To finish I adhered the panel to black card stock with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape
then added a ribbon/bow.
It was then once again adhered to a pink panel.


I hope you will give this technique a try,
there are so many color options to use.
Thank  you for visiting with me today!




3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

It's a lovely BG Diane ... I've yet to try this! My Goodness it's hot here and I'm totally wilting!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the Bokeh technique. It makes such a beautiful background as is so clearly evident on your card. I love the colors you used. I need to make myself a template that I can use over and over.

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning!! The colors are so gorgeous!! And wow - the butterfly is amazing!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts