Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Buttons~Buttons~Buttons

New challenge at
with Anna being our hostess and she has chosen the theme
'Buttons'.


For my card I remembered (surprise~surprise) that I had an already
embossed card stock with buttons on it.
I cut it down to fit on a red mat underneath.


I die cut a stitched oval from a pile of scrap paper I have on
my desk to try and use up.
Once my image was stamped and colored,
I stamped her pants on the same paper and fussy cut out.
A Stardust gelly roll pen was added to various parts of the image
and a few tiny, tiny buttons.


I just love this sweet little image from My Favorite Things....
I can remember when I first saw these little girls several years ago
I thought I would have to own them all....I think I have 4 or 5 so far, lol!

Head on over to The Sisterhood and see what my 
sistahs' have to inspire you with
and come and join us with your own buttons creation!!

Entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday .... ATG
Cards 4 Galz .... Sew and Sew (stitching and buttons)
Fairytale .... Hobby (button collecting)

12 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG this is so sweet ... I love that you paper pieced her pants ... how cute! AND WOW I just noticed those are buttons that are embossed in the background! What a fun creation ... well done!

Donna Ellis said...

Don't you love when you find something in your stash that couldn't be more perfect, Diane? The embossed buttons are a wonderful background for your adorable little girl and her buttons. Beautifully done!

Jackie said...

Oh she is so cute!! Nice coloring!

Terri's Cards N More said...

So cute. Love that image and the perfect sentiment.

Leslie Miller said...

Those are some cute as a button tiny buttons! OMG, love how darling this is. The embossing folder is perfect and, yay, you used up another card part. Your paper piecing makes this image all the more adorable. I just love it all over!

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! She's so sweet!! I love the colors and the perfect button touches!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Judy Woodland said...

This card is just the cutest. I love how you have used the buttons, they make the BEST embellishments. And that little gal just makes me smile...super sweet.

Donna Ellis said...

I'm back with my other hat, Diane! So happy to see you at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Diane - This is sew cute! I love all the buttons, and how sweet and colorful you made this card. It will definitely delight the recipient. Thanks so much for sharing your fun card with us at Cardz 4 Galz!
-Chris, DT

Kati said...

Oh I love the tiny buttons!!! Thanks for showing your beautiful card for the fairytale hobby challenge.
hugs
mamapia

Sian said...

This is such a lovely, cute card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

Gayatri said...

Such a cute card! Love it. Thank you for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx