Friday, July 4, 2014

Colors of Summer

Hi All,
I have 2 posts today...so make sure and look at my second one, too!!

I have a card I did for the challenge at Impression Obsession.....
which is "Colors of Summer"
What can be better, then a mix of Hollyhocks.....
I used to have a HUGE Hollyhock garden and now have very few left.....
I think I need to replant them......

 

I used Impression Obsession dies 
#DIE083-K kitties
DIE169-R Hollyhocks
and
DIE149-U fence

I distressed the edges of my card with my Zutter DIA.....
All my hollyhocks were colored in with Copics......

I also wanted to share with you a few pictures I took a couple days ago



in our yard of the twin fawns...so cute and they ran around playing and chasing...love!!!

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my you are so lucky to have those beautiful creatures in your yard!!! Gorgeous!
And a great card too! Love those pretty flowers ...

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The hollyhocks look amazing!! I love the colors and the adorable kitties!!

Beautiful pictures!! The deer are so sweet!! I have them here too and love to look at them, but am mad at them right now...they ate two pots of Dragonwing Begonias and tons of Hosta and even Geraniums. Sigh.

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Girl you MUST STOP getting up and crafting in the middle of the night! I can't keep up with you! LOL!
Awwww look at the adorable babies! Granddaughter just posted a few photos on her FB page of a mama & baby that were right outside her living room window and back deck the other day ... wait till I show her these ... she'll LOVE the 'twins'!
HUGS ... feel better my friend!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your hollyhocks are so pretty and the kitties are a darling addition to your garden on a card. I had to quit growing hollyhocks because they attracted some kind of worm to the garden that loved to eat the hollyhocks and then they'd chomp on other things, as well. No more hollyhocks, no more worms. I love having the deer around, too. They ate my red and white geraniums that I had in a blue pot and was going to share for 4th of July. I should have known better than to put the geraniums where I did. They love them, and I have to keep my geranium pots very close to the house. I don't think the deer will come up on the deck, but they'll sure stop and munch anything they can reach as they're passing by. I don't blame them...I just need to learn how to work with them. Thanks for sharing the photos, Diane! I love seeing anything around your beautiful piece of Heaven!

Jeanne Streiff said...

Oooh I love this card. It has such a happy feel about it. Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession Challenge!