Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pick A Posey

Hello My  "Classy Friends"
Diane here with you today with my project for "Classy Cards 'n Such"
challenge this week, which is "Pick A Posey"

I decided to "think outside the box" so to speak and alter a cheese box for my project.
I had a "laughing cow" cheese box on hand and I find these to be the perfect boxes to alter.



                              I started with my Graphic 45 Botanical Tea papers....
these are the most beautiful papers to work with.....

After my box was covered 
I used a Spellbinders Exquisite Circles die for my center doily....
My flower was made using a Susan's Garden Clematis die.... 
if you have never used one of these dies, 
I have to say this line of dies is very, very easy to use and look "life like" when finished!


using the Magenta color and applied it with Soft Covers Point Applicators.


I have a new Clematis this year  called "Nellie Moser" which I bought for the name alone
as my dogs name is "Nellie" and though I don't have a picture of it
I can say it very much looks the color of this one.... 
but I do have a picture of a variety of my Clematis I want to share with you!!


To finish my box, I die cut 3 Butterflies from the Joy! Crafts Butterfly Trio dies.....
I used a bit of cloth covered floral wire and mounted a butterfly "spiral" on my box.....
I added Pink Pearls to the butterfly....
the other 2 butterflies were added to "flutter" around the box using Joy! Craft Foam Pads Small

This will be the perfect little gift box to hold some small "trinkets"!!
I invite "YOU" to join us in our challenge this week....
We would LOVE to see "YOUR" creation and you could even win a "PRIZE!!

Entering the following challenges:

Crafting By Designs .... Use Dies
and
Divas by Design .... Things With Wings
and
Just Inspirational challenges .... anything BUT A Card
and
Ladybug Crafts ....Summer Flowers


14 comments:

Denise said...

Looks professional :)So perfectly pretty....and Your real blooms gorgeous.Blessings Denise

Karen McAlpine said...

Really pretty and creative altered box!! Love that big flower on top. Great pic of the garden too.

Kristi said...

Wow! This is exquisite! The center flower does look real! Your Clematis is beautiful:mine is struggling to bloom in the heat we're having in Georgia right now!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Diane!! Wow, the flower looks real!! I love the papers and design!! What a gorgeous project my friend!! And your Clematis is beautiful!! The colors are amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Oh your flower is so life like! What a wonderful transformation Diane ... You really made something special here ...

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Diane, this is a beautifully altered box! I love that bodacious flower!

Darlene said...

OMG this altered box is ADORABLE! I really need to do something with all these recyclables I have sitting around ... thanks for inspiration! And, WOW your clematis is gorgeous ... I've never had good luck with them ... you'll have to tell me your secret! Lighting? Soil? Or just the fact that your thumb is so GREEN! :)

Leslie Miller said...

What a great box to alter! Gee, I'll have to look for some Laughing Cow just to get the box! Your flower is sooooo gorgeous. You make it look as easy as you say it is, but I know it has a lot to do with you, as well, and your skill at getting the coloring just right. If I were to buy any of these flower dies I'd want to get the Pan Pastels coloring kit you used, too. Just because you make them look so beautiful. Would love to see your clematis!

Joan Fricker said...

Diane, this is gorgeous. I thought you had picked a lily from your garden. Great job on covering it. Would be a great project for October. I have a few boxes. just a thought. I LOVE it.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Jenny Alia said...

Love the garden photo Diane! Your box is lovely. I don't have any of the Susan's garden dies but I may NEED to put one on my list now. Beautiful coloring and design.

Shirley said...

Diane, this is lovely and to be treasured! I love the base you created for that gorgeous flower and the wonderful butterflies too! Really wonderful DP for the box sides and top too!

sian said...

Wow this is stunning and the flowers look so so real. Thanks so much for joining us over at JIC this week, I hope you can join us next week and/or for the monthly challenge. Sian (DT Co-Owner)

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week.
Jayne

PaperDaisies said...

What a pretty box. It is fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina