Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Flowers and a Blueberry Cobbler

I was up at 4am this morning...rather late for me, yesterday it was 2am....
My first thought was to pick a challenge and do a card .....
but somehow I got on Pinterest and the next thing I knew it was after 6...
I am headed outside early, as soon as it gets a bit lighter to work in my
gardens...so I decided to instead share a very good recipe I made...
not only yummy good, but so FAST to make...
and I think I will share a bit more of my Day Lilies ....
they make me "happy"....
I hope they will you, too!!



Easy Blueberry Cobbler

2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cups skim milk (I used 2%)
2 TB butter melted
2 cups (1 pint) blueberries
Directions:
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
3. Stir in milk and mix well into a smooth batter
4. Melt butter in 1 1/2 quart baking dish in the microwave on high for 1 minute
5. Pour batter into melted butter...do not stir
6 .add blueberries...do not stir
7. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes (I put mine in a 2 quart glass baking dish and cooked for 40 minutes...perfect)
 You can add up to 1 cup of sugar, I kept mine to the 1/2 cup and it was very good!!

Do you know why they are called Day Lilies??
Because each bloom only lasts for one day.
Kind of sad isn't it???  However, there is always one to replace it,
so it seems you don't even notice










This is my Lucifer...it has bloomed so beautifully this year



6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh that looks delicious ... I love trying new recipes ... And I adore your gorgeous lilies ... I love their scent but they are highly dangerous to cats so I rarely get them now. Hope you get some rest Diane ... 4am is a bit too early!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, joy! Beautiful, beautiful daylilies in a stunning variety! How awesome it must be to walk among them. I would be out there every chance I get. Oh, wait... I am out there every chance I get. Well, not in your garden, but in mine, though mine probably doesn't take nearly as much time. I covet the Lucifer. I see it all over the place here, growing tall and magnificent, but I don't have a spot for it. Way too much shade here with all the trees close in. Definitely saving the blueberry recipe! I can't believe how easy it is, and I always have a lot of blueberries this time of year, plus I freeze them. Thanks for everything today, Diane!

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said...

Such gorgeous day lilies and what a collection you have. They each are beautiful, lovely colors.

Lisa said...

I would love to be sitting in your garden, enjoying a piece of that blueberry cobbler right now!! My gosh, your flowers are just stunning!! And oh my, I have to try that recipe!! Yummy!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers with us!! The Lucifer is amazing!! Have a great day my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

UTs Hobby Time said...

Those day lilies gorgeous flowers. Love seeing them. Very well captured.

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful Diane! I think maybe I'll post mine too, maybe we could trade some. I've got Daylily envy. :)