Monday, July 14, 2014

Fun In The Sun at The Shabby Tea Room

It's Monday and time for a new challenge at "The Shabby Tea Room"....
Rebecca is our hostess this week and she has chosen the theme
"Fun In The Sun"
Rebecca has asked us to use at least 3 colors in the inspiration photo plus one or more
of these items, vellum, polka dots or ribbon.


 Our sponsor this week is "The Cutting Cafe"


and I chose to use their adorable "Flip Flop" cutting file!!!


After cutting out the card base for my 'flip flop", I found a pretty patterned floral
paper which I machine stitched to the card base!!
After adding the strap I embellished it with 
a red satin blow and a Teresa Collins butterfly...

The little "for you" tag is adhered with cloth covered floral wire....
I like how it kind of stands "up" on it's own!!  
The sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe "Balloon Shaped Card" file.


I think this is the cutest card...wouldn't it be fun for a summer party....
you could make them in so many colors and styles, I think it would be addicting!!


The cut file also comes with an envelope to fit....I cut mine out of a flower pattern vellum!!

I would love to have you head on over to "The Shabby Tea Room" and see all the lovely
inspiration the other "shabby girls"  have for you.....why not join in our challenge and have some 
"fun in the sun" with us!!!! 

Entering in the following challenges:
Craftin Desert Diva's Linky Party .... Summer Time
and
Crafty Calender .... Summertime Fun
and
Time Out .... Fun In The sun




13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is fabulous!! Your stitching is just perfect!

Stampsnob. said...

SWEEEEET! ..............Lis

wannabcre8tive said...

Diane, your flip flop is as cute as can be. I love the stitching and the cute/layered butterfly.

Mulberry Mindy said...

Love the Flip Flop shaped card, Diane. So bright and cheery, just what you expect for summer. And I luv the butterfly, too! Have a great week.
Mindy

Debbie said...

Diane, wow, that is so cool! Wish I could find cute flip flops like that in the store! I love this!!

Lisa said...

I will take two size 8 please ;) I love, love these!! I so want a pair to wear!! I love the beautiful butterfly!! These are just fabulous my friend!! You should link it up at Craftin Desert Divas for our Summer challenge (http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gloria Stengel said...

Super cute! Just saying Hello! And so happy to see your name on the Craft Secrets Team!

Darlene said...

OMG this is ADORABLE and I too want a pair of my own ... size 7 1/2 here! LOL
LOVE your choice of patterned paper and the stitching, as already stated is PERFECT (must be the seamstress in you) and the butterfly ... FABULOUS finishing touch! Tooooooo cute! You Rock my friend!!

Regina Easter said...

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO FLIPPIN CUTE....i would love to put in the customer gallery over at the cutting cafe..if i can email me at fabriccutups@prodigy.net with a link to this project...hugs

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! That looks almost like a real flip flop, especially with the stitching. I love the envelope that goes with it. So darling!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Thanks for linking up at CDD

Taunya Butler said...

WOW oh WOW - SO DARLING!!

Kathy Salido said...

This is just fabulous! Love the butterfly flowers!!
Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

Kathy
Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/