Wednesday, July 23, 2014

You're The Best

Greetings from "The Sisterhood"...
sounds like something from outer space doesn't it...lol
Hard to believe it is already almost the end of July...
the summer is going so fast, I don't even want to think of what's to come
so guess what...we won't...hah!

Anywho, it is time again for another new challenge at "The Sisterhood"
This time "Lisa" is our hostess and the theme is die cuts/punches....
I used a little of both on my card.


I love the owl punch from Stampin Up and haven't used it in well over a year
so out it came...aren't they just the cutest??

My background is a stamp I purchased at Michael's around Valentines day....
I stamped it side by side to make it the width of my card....
and hey, it matched up pretty good with only one try...yah!!

I also used another SU punch, the heart and punched out a place for one of the
owls to "reside"....
The branch is an Impression Obsession die "Bird on a Branch.....
shhh...don't tell, but I snipped that poor bird right off and my owl took it's place!!

Any "WHO" (pun intended..lol)  head on over to "The Sisterhood" and see 
what my "sisters"
on the DT have to inspire you...better yet...join in the challenge with us!!

Entering the following challenges:

Through The Craft Room Door .... Anything Goes
and
The Sisters of Craft ....Anything Goes July
and 
Melonheadz Friends .... Things With Wings and/or tail
and 
The Crazy Challenge .... Dies Cuts/Punches
and
Crafting When You Can .... Make Your Own Background

17 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so cute!! I would never know you stamped that BG twice ... clever! Hope you are having a good day ... sending hugs your way girlfriend

Leslie Miller said...

Aaaccckkk! Cute! Great work with the owl punch, and your background is absolutely seamless. Good job on that! It's raining here today and I can't complain. It will keep me in my stamp room -- yay!

Darlene said...

Oh Diane these little guys are SO CUTE! I see you've showcased the 'Great Northern Spotted Owl' ... they are rare you know! teehee! Seriously, great use of dies/punches and I bet it felt good to blow the dust off of some of your old stock and play. Well done!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute. I also love this punch, but have not used it in a long time.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, so absolutely adorable!! The owls are so sweet!! Your background stamping is perfect!! This just makes me smile!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

bumblebee creations said...

love your card, love owls!! I have went back through some of your posts, and love all the pics of your flower gardens, they are so beautiful!!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

How fun. Love this card. The googley eyes and the paper piecing are fabulous additions. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

Desire Fourie said...

Diane this is just so cute with the little owls and their googly eyes. Love the wood grain backdrop.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jamie Martin said...

Cute card, those little owls are adorable :)

Deonna B said...

Owl be, what a great card! I love your paper and your sweet owls.Thank you for sharing your creation with Through the Craftroom door this week.

Emily Thubbron said...

Fabulous owl card. Love it. Great take on Melonheadz Friends Things with Wings Challenge. Thank you for joining us.

Emily T.
DT Member

Lisa B said...

How fun is this card! I love how you have that little owl popping out from a heart punch! Very clever!! I have seen so many different things used with that punch. One of them was tulips! I would of never thought!!

Geez looking at your blog I am getting hungry! lol

Vickie Y said...

Adorable images and background! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting When We Can Challenge.

Art With Heart said...

What a cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge! We hope to see you next time and good luck.
Smiles,
Ina /DT

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Loving the Owls, especially the one peeking out of the tree, fab idea! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Sister's of Craft...Good Luck!
Hugs Donna DT xx

michelle said...

thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge. love it. michelle dt x

Tina Chianna said...

Thank you so much for entering into the sisters of craft challenge and good luck. Tina DT x