Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stardust Christmas

Hello my friends,
I have been seeing so many challenges lately to do with Christmas
I decided to join in after seeing the challenge at City Crafters this week
using the photo below for inspiration.
I used to never, ever miss one of their challenges, but I haven't had the time
to join in for quite sometime now, but today decided to jump back in...lol!!


I have been quite addicted the the stenciling trend....
I have several NEW stencils, but I keep pulling out my little "Star Dust" stencil.
I used a beautiful Dreamweaver Metallic Gold embossing paste.
I actually stenciled two different panels while I had it out, so I could use another one later.


I wanted to keep my card a clean and simple look, letting the stenciling take center stage
So then I was in a dilemma as to what to do next....
So instead I ate 2 pieces of pizza, at 10 0'clock in the morning...lol
After washing my pizza sauce fingers off it came to me to pull out my Memory Box 
"Precious Stars" dies which I cut from Spellbinders Precious Metals

The card base is Champaign Neenah Pearlized Metallic paper....
I have all the links for you if any of this makes  you "just gotta have it"!!!!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
City Crafters .... Christmas In July
and
Southern Girls .... Christmas Is A Coming
and
Creative Knockouts .... Christmas In July
and
A Song In Your Heart .... When you wish upon a star
and
 Crafting For All Seasons .... Christmas In July
and
Little Red Wagon .... Christmas In July

17 comments:

JanR said...

So lovely! I adore those delicate looking bows....and the stars too! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! I love the gold stars!! What beautiful embossing!! The hanging stars are fabulous, too!! Simply beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

bumblebee creations said...

This is gorgeous Diane!! loving all the beautiful stars!! I have emailed you....have a great day!

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

how beautiful thank you for joining a song in your heart challenge

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, I love the gold and paste stars!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

Carol S. said...

Love the simple look to this stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons Challenge Blog. hugs, Carol S.DT

Carol S. said...

Love the detail on this beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting For All Seasons challenge blog. hugs, Carol S.DT

* Shell B.* said...

Cute card, great design!
Glad you joined us for the challenge at Southern Girls hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ SGC~DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Carol S. said...

Gogeous card and love the arrangement of the stars. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S.DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fabulous interpretation of the inspiration photo. Love your gold embossing paste stars and the lovely MB dies. Great card to enter our Southern Girls 'Christmas is a Coming' challenge. We look forward to seeing your gorgeous work in future challenges and you can help us get great sponsors for next year, but 'following' our blog. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

Ros Crawford said...

This is stunningly beautiful!! I really love the simple look it's so elegant!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your stenciling is so perfect! I love the gold, and the star dies were just the ticket to finish it off!

Sarah said...

How beautiful, your card is perfect for our Christmas Challenge at Southern Girls Challenge! Thanks for playing along :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks for playing along with our Christmas in July Challenge this week at City Crafter Challenge Blog. I hope we see you again soon.

Amy A said...

GORGEOUS! Love the Gold and Cream and your die cuts are perfect with your design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week and Good Luck. We hope you join us again.

Amy- DT Creative Knockouts
<a

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Very pretty, love the clean and simple look of all the stars. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for All Seasons, and good luck.
Cindy DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper