Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day At The Beach

Hello All,
Today is our new challenge at the "Dies R Us" challenge blog....
The theme is "A Day At The Beach"

I had some fun with this one as I used some "NBUS" (never before used stuff)
and some of my newest dies purchased from "Dies R Us".....


I stamped my Our Daily Bread "The Sea" stamp on to watercolor paper
and hauled out my TH Distress markers and preceded to "watercolor"....
Once I was happy with how it looked, I added Stickles for a bit of "sparkle"...
I love this stamp, it is so easy to color and think it will make great "guy" cards!!


After mounting my finished "watercolor" on black card stock,
I decided I wanted a "3D" effect"....
that is where the dies came in....
one from white and then sponged on grey ink, but also one from black card stock
and stacked it slightly "offline" to give it a bit of shadow.

Next I cut my Impression Obsession Sea Birds and while I had the grey ink out
I sponged them as well!!

Last I used Impression Obsession Shell set for my shells....
the Starfish was cut from a scrap and the shells I sponged ink on.....
 The entire finished piece was slightly elevated using foam tape onto
a background paper called "Ocean Breeze"

All of the dies above may be purchased at
which offers an everyday discount on all your dies!!

Entering in the following challenges:
Cardz Fir Guyz ....  At The Beach
and
Artistic Inspiration .... Anything Goes
and
Crafty Cardmakers .... Under The Sea
and
Amusing Challenge .... Watercolor
and
Allsorts Challenge .... Splish-Splash-Splosh
and
Crafty Calender .... Summertime Fun




21 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!!! This is stunning ... I love everything from your water colouring to those fabulous dies!! Terrific!! Will email soon....

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Super great dies to go with the image! I especially love the seagulls. The glitter you added to the scene is just perfect! You'd think maybe I'd make more beachy cards, living right on the coast.

Darlene said...

Oh Diane this card is just jaw-dropping fabulous! LOVE the dimension on the embellishments, the shadow effect is awesome and love the touch of sparkle! You are AMAZINGLY talented and have inspired me so much! GREAT job! Have a great day!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card. Love the dies. The image is one of my favorites. I use it often. You have colored it nicely and I like the use of the glitter.

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful . I tried to hook my beach card to classycards but don't see how . thank you for the invite anyway........Lis

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the lighthouse!! The watercolor background looks amazing!! I love the stickles!! This is just stunning my friend!! It makes me happy to look at!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

Wow Diane, this is stunning, I love the scene you've created. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Splish, Splash, Splosh challenge this week x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgous card and very realistic scene! I love it

Lin said...

Oh my what a gorgeous stamp. Love the whole thing, the touches of glitter on the crashing waves, the lovely diecuts, just fabulous.

Thanks for joining in with our 'under the sea' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

~Tammy~ said...

WOW! You created a breathtaking beauty! This girl loves the beach and anything related to that or the sun for that matter! Fab work!

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

Graciellie Design said...

Such a nice scene. The glitter looks nice!

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful! I especially love the bird die you used. They look like they are flying right off the paper. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge, welcome again;-))m

Julie Reed said...

Lovely card, I like all the dies you have used here.
Thanks for joking our under the sea challenge at CCM&M.
jules DT

Julie Reed said...

Great card and lovely dies you have used to complement your scene.
Thanks for joining our under the sea challenge at CCM&M.
Jules DT

JayBe said...

Stunning, I love the added glitter on the waves. Thanx for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Helen said...

Beautifully put together. Love the way you've offset the die cuts.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x
www.craftinghelen.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheryl S. said...

Gorgeous card - wonderful creations and love your glitter on the waves and dies cuts!!

Cheryl S. said...

Gorgeous card - wonderful creations and love your glitter on the waves and dies cuts!!