Monday, July 7, 2014

Polka Dot Love at "The Shabby Tea Room"

Happy Monday to you all....
Being Monday, you all know what that means.....
A NEW challenge at "The Shabby Tea Room"

This week Macarena has chosen the theme "Polka Dot Love"
adding Flowers and Dots and using the inspiration photo below....



Our sponsor this week is  the adorable "Paper Sweeties"
and I have chosen to use "Sweet Cuts Tea For Two" bundle....
this set comes with the tea pot stamp and sentiment you see...
along with the tea pot die to cut with....love that!!


I decided to switch gears and make a gift tag....
The base of the tag was built on a Prima blank tag....
I covered t with paper, then stamped an image of a vintage postcard on.....
and what I love about this postcard stamp is
the date stamped on says 1908 and Mich....
how about that, I have my own vintage Michigan postcard stamp!!!
I added a doily die cut to the bottom topped with a sheer bow, 
flower, stick pins and such.....


I used an eyelet punch and some pleated ribbon along the right side....
the top of the tag I used a corner die cut , a leaf flourish and 3 different sizes of butterflies..

I wish you could see this tag in person...it is HUGE and so much more prettier....

and see what the other "Shabby Girls"
have for you.....lots of pretty "eye candy" there....and why not join in with us!!!!

Entering in the following challenges:

Pile It On .... Add Some Flowers
and
Crafty Ribbons .... Anything Goes With Ribbon
and 
Diva's By Design .... Ribbons and Flowers
and
Art Impressions .... Use a Doily
and
Papercrafting Challenge .... Anything Goes
and 
Word Art Wednesday ....Anything Goes

14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how pretty this is with all those adorable layers ... One day we'll share a cup of tea together!

Joan Frickeer said...

Beautiful Diane. Love the colors and that tea pot is so pretty. Great job.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! The layers are amazing!! I love your vintage Michigan postcard stamp!! The ribbons are all beautiful!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful tag. We appreciate seeing the inspirational and wonderful tag you’ve posted . Thank you and I hope you will come back soon! Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Primitive Seasons said...

Oh oh oh I just love it! So feminine and pretty. Such a beautiful presentation. Outstanding Diane!



Mary

Mirella said...

Such a lovely and feminine project! Great colours! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

wannabcre8tive said...

Diane, this is beautiful. I love it.

Karen Letchworth said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing art in our challenge this week. It's a blessing to have you play along and I hope you will stop by again soon.
God bless your week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Darlene said...

This is just SO GORGEOUS!! My style for sure! Now I'm inspired to make a tag ... something I don't do often! FABULOUS job my friend!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous and elegant all rolled into one! Very feminine and the DP's and die cuts are all perfect for one another! Love the floral/bow and the tie at the top too!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Sweet!! Shabby chic perfection!!! So glad to have you joining us at Paper Crafting Challenges, we always LOVE seeing your creations!

Stampsnob. said...

Love tea pots and tea parties Why is it only the babies will wear gloves and hats for a tea party Adults are not fun ....Your card is very beautiful,,,............Lis

Unknown said...

Fabulous romantic tag, love this tea pot and all these beautiful embellishments. Thank you for joining our 'Flowers' challenge at Pile It On and good luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Leslie Miller said...

How sweet this is! And uber-pretty, too! Love that you added the doily under the teapot, and all the trims and extras go so beautifully together!