Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Friend Will Always Be There

Hello My Friends...
This week at The Sisterhood of Crafters Micki is our hostess
and she has asked us to create a single layer card....
I played a bit with my inks for this one and made a super easy card to mail!!


I started with stamping in Versamark and using a clear EB powder, then
sponging on my TH Distressed Shaded Lilac ink and stamping randomly in the same ink.
I saw this inspiration on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try.

Next I used TH Distressed Dusty Concord and stamped a few more times......
The flower stamp I used is  from SU Garden Silhouettes
and the sentiment is from Precious Remembrance Shop...
I have to admit I am not exactly in love with my placement of all the flowers...
but I decided to go with it anyhow, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess..lol!!


I invite YOU to join us with your single layer card and hop on over to 

"The Sisterhood" and see what the DT has to inspire you to join us!!

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

One layer, but lots of depth and mood. It's very pretty, and I see nothing wrong with the placement of the flowers. It seems to have a lot of movement.

Darlene said...

WOW! What a GREAT idea! I haven't been really inky in awhile ... thanks for inspiration and a fabulous (forgotten) technique! HUGS!

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning!! I love the placement of the flowers!! They look amazing!! And what a sweet sentiment!! This is so gorgeous my friend!!

We are under a tornado watch until late...great. The only good thing is that my craft room is in the basement so I may just have to spend my time there ;) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Micki said...

AWESOME single layer card. Love how you added the color band and then stamped the flowers. Gorgeous! xoxoxo

Ros Crawford said...

What lovely colours and it's a great one layer card ... your stamping really gives depth to it...

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is dreamy! And it's one layer....the hardest card in the world to make. I bow before your amazing inky skills!