Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Crafty Secrets "BOO" Blocks

I have been having a bunch of fun making my own 
Halloween decorations this year!!
I put more Fall decor out then Halloween and usually
just 2 weeks before Halloween, right after Oct 14th
I just add a few pieces here and there....
now I have my own hand created items to add in the mix!

I do love the 'vintage" look of Halloween the most....
the old trims, glitter and the "vintage images"....
That's where my wonderful  Crafty Secrets products come in to play.


I printed all my Halloween papers from the 
the CD is loaded with designs, making it hard to decide what to use!!


I had 3 paper mache little blocks that I covered with the papers....
I also used a few images from Vintage Scraps Halloween Greetings


After covering the boxes with the papers, using Modge Podge,
I inked all the edges giving it an even more vintage look!!


I had the "BOO" letters in my stash for several years, and they fit
perfectly on each block.
I added a few of my fussy cut images here and there around the blocks.


I got into my Halloween bin and lucky me, the little dollar store skeleton was sitting
right on top...I hot glued him to the top block!!

Crafty Secrets is having a wonderful sale right now...
More then a $70 value of product for $24.90 (includes shipping)...check it out...
it is a fantastic amount of items you will receive 
and there are 5 categories to choose from!

Entering in the following challenges:
All Crafts  .... Anything But A Card
and
Craftin Desert Diva's .... Craft It Up Link It Up Fall Linky Party
and
613 Avenue Create .... Anything Goes
and
Great Impressions .... Get Your Spook On
and
Hobby Cutz .... Not  A Card


16 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I bet your home looks terrific! Love these cute blocks ... Of course it's not a big thing here but getting more popular ... Have a lovely week my friend!

Chana Malkah said...

I don't do Halloween, but if I did, this would be a marvelous project to display. LOve the configuration and our paper choices. Very nicely crafted and aesthetically pleasing. Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create. It was a delightful find.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Visit us at FB www.facebook.com/avenue613

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Nellie,
Just want to let you know that your Boo Block project is showcased on our FB Page Today at 9:00 AM US EDT.
www.facebook.com/avenue613

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Leslie Miller said...

I swear, you and Crafty Secrets were made for each other! This is so awesome! The decisions would be hard for me and would probably take forever. Must be the Libra in me. I just love all the fun and color of Halloween!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, love, love these!! What fun Halloween blocks!! The papers are fabulous!! And I love the adorable Mr. Bones on top :) I am so borrowing this idea from you!! I bet they look so festive in your house!! You should also link this up at Decorate to Celebrate (http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/). Have a great day my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC! How creative & adorable are these boxes! Your mojo has certainly kicked in with the Fall/Halloween creations you've been making! Your house is going to look FABULOUS this Fall ... can't wait to come see it for myself!!
You amaze me girl ... WOWZA!

crafty said...

Lovely set of blocks. I bet they make fantastic decorations. Thanks for sharing them with us at Hobby Cutz

Mynn xx said...

What a fun idea! LOVE the vintage papers you used and the skeleton is a fabulous touch! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) Mynn xx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Diane, these are just so darn cute! YOu have such skill with 3-D design! Spook-tacular!!!

Kathy Salido said...

Oh your blocks are fabulous! ! Love all the papers. Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!! ~DT Kathy

Shelly said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE these block, great design!!

Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!
Shelly

Lisa B said...

Diane these blocks are AMAZING!!! Dang girl they are better than anything you can find in the store, that's for sure!! Love them!

May said...

Fabulous Halloween creation... Love it all....Thank you for joining us at Craft my life... Hugs May x x

Kimberly J. said...

Awesome halloween decor item!!! :)
Thanks for linking up with us at Craftin Desert Divas! :)

Kimberly :)
Craftin Desert Divas DT

Katy said...

This is so cool! I love your vintage Halloween blocks! This is such a cool decoration! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

Cheryl First said...

These are wickedly fantastic!! I love the papers you used, and all the dimension added to the blocks!