Monday, September 1, 2014

Scones & Tea


Hello my "Shabby" friends....
Today at the "Tearoom" Rebecca is our hostess and she has chosen the
photo below for inspiration and asked us to do a project with the
"Pleasures of Reading"


I am not much of a TV watcher, but I do LOVE to read.
I recently finished a series of 16 books by Robyn Carr...
Yes, I love to read fiction, and if they are a good writer you can certainly
learn a lot....
But, I have to admit this challenge had me stumped as what to create!
I thought of "back to school", but I have been doing those projects
and really wasn't ready to create another..lol..


Then it hit me!! 
A recipe book (sort of)...I also LOVE recipe books and have lots of them....
I have a nice Marianne Die that just so happens to be a "book".....
Being our sponsor this week is the lovely "Paper Sweeties"....
I went with an open book of Tea and Scones recipe book!!
Perfect for the addition of the "Sweet Cuts-Tea For Two Bundle"
I used all Melissa Frances papers and love how soft and pretty my card is.
I printed a Scone Recipe  in word, then  lined up my die to cut it out.
The edge of my book, I rubbed Viva Inca Gold on.

I also made 2 of the bigger Roses, which you can't see well in the picture
and speaking of my pictures, it was a gloomy, dark picture taking day......

Visit "The Shabby Tea Room" and see all the other beautiful projects the
"Shabby Girls" have for you...join in the challenge with us!!

I have 2 other DT posts today...sometimes it just works that way!
Take a peek....
I am guest designing at "Craft and Smash"
and also have an awesome Halloween project for "Crafty Secrets"

Entering the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks .... Something New (tea pot die) Something Old (MF papers)
I have had these Melissa papers for a long time and they are almost all gone now...sigh!!
and
Crafty Girls .... Anything Goes

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a great idea!! Your card is splendid!!

Darlene said...

What a wonderful idea! This is beautiful! Love your choice of papers and the design is fabulous with the teapot in the foreground! You are always SO creative! Well done!

Samra said...

This is such a great take on the challenge theme! Love it!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous!! The recipe book is so creative!! Love the teapot and the beautiful lace along the top!! What pretty papers!! Love your take on the inspiration photo my friend!! Fabulous as always!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leanne said...

Good golly this is pretty, I love the papers and the teapot super cute, very pretty, nice flowers for that added touch. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Leslie Miller said...

LOVE the book die! Sweet, sweet card! You rose to the challenge beautifully. If I had a nickel for every time you make me want a die, I'd be a rich woman. And I'd need those nickels to help me pay for the dies!