Friday, November 28, 2014

Dear Santa

I know you all are probably out "black Friday" shopping....
but not me, I gave it up several years ago....
I found I spent way too much on things I really didn't intend to buy
but bought it just because it was a good deal!!
With 23 kiddos to buy for, I have to really think it all through now..
BUT hurry and YOU can shop the Black Friday -Monday Cyber sale at
Crafty Secrets...30% off...it ends 12/01 at 12 PM PST....
what are you waiting for...hurry on over and save!!

So that brings us to my project for Crafty Secrets this week!


If you have been visiting my blog, you might have noticed I have
been having a ball with coloring on vellum.
In fact if you come back on Saturday, I will have a little tutorial on it!!

 This one was a sort of "test" for me as I printed the gorgeous 
on heavyweight vellum on my printer to see if I could get the same results
as stamping on the vellum.

I think it reacted almost the same way, but I had to literally "run" from my
printer to my work area to "dump" the clear EB powder on before the printer ink dried!

I colored with SU markers Cherry Cobbler for Santa's suit, Real Red for his stocking
Blush Blossom for his skin tones and Always Artichoke for the holly.

The idea of coloring on the backside of Vellum, is to achieve a soft not so bright color
which is perfect for these vintage images.


I kept this card pretty simple as I really wanted all the focus on the Santa image,
I LOVE how his stocking hangs out of the image...just gives it a 3D look.
I did  punch some snowflakes and coated them with glitter for some "sparkle"!!

There are several NEW digital stamp sets in the Crafty Secrets online store


Don't forget that Dec 1st is our "Crafty Secrets December linky party"....
this is where all the Design Team members get together with a tutorial 
each using Crafty Secrets products.....
It also means we have a challenge for your to join in and everyone that enters
is a winner!!!!

Entering the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes
and
Scrapy Land .... Add Texture (embossing folder)
and
Winter Wonderland .... Dies/Punches
and
4 Crafty chicks ....Die Cuts
and
Creative Knockouts .... All That Glitters
and
DL.Art  .... Any Winter Holiday
and 
Time Out .... Embossing With a Bit of Sparkle

17 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
They've started a Black Friday here in the UK ... so far there have been battles and fights ... people taken to hospital! I'm staying home too ...

Darlene said...

OMG! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE the embossed background and your have showcased this awesome Santa image perfectly! Color and embellishment JUST in the RIGHT places! BEAUTIFUL!
(you have my address ... teehee!)

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing card, stunning image!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, I love this Santa.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Diane!! Santa looks amazing!! I love, love the embossing (please share deets on the folder you used, my favorite enabler!! I need it!!) Love this beautiful card!!

I Black Friday shopped...from home!! I can't stand the crowds anymore!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Santa looks so real, the coloring is just amazing. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday today. We appreciate your faithfulness.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous design, and such a wonderful new vintage line! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Anne Temple said...

This is gorgeous and I love that Santa image. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Seriously going to search my stamp room for some vellum. I think you've found your perfect medium when it comes to coloring. You do the best I've seen. Honestly! Very cool image. Love that vintage look. This is just beautiful, Diane!

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, I can't believe this is printed and coloured on vellum...its looks incredible!! You certainly put a lot of time and love into this card and it really shows. Thank you so much for joining us at TIME OUT and really hope you come back again soon. And 23 kids to shop for, you must be so organised. Hope you did well with the sale shopping!

Lori Kobular said...

That Santa image is amazing and you colored it beautifully! I also like the embossing you did on the white background and the added snowflakes were just enough! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #6!

Joanna said...

amazing card!!! I love everything that is vintage and oldschool :) Thanks for taking part in ScrapyLand challenge

Karen Letchworth said...

What a GORGEOUS card, Diane. Great job and thanks SO MUCH for sharing in our challenge this week. I hope you will join us again real soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you popped Santa out of your die cut. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina- DT

Diane Noble said...

Thank you so much for joining us this week for our Word Art Wednesday challenge. We are delighted you decided to play along and share this fantastic creation.
Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

Amy A said...

This is so pretty! Love the vintage look. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week and Good Luck. We hope you join us again.

Amy- DT Creative Knockouts
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Céline said...

Beautiful card! Love the Santa!

Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Knockouts!
Céline DT