Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sugar and Spice

Do you like to make tags??
It is one of my very favorite things to do....
each one is always so unique and different....
and you can use up some of those scraps too, that you have laying around!.

However, my post today is not about using scraps,
It's using some of my wonderful new digitals from Crafty Secrets
to make these tags!!

Each year, my sister, my daughter, my niece, and my Mom
have a "countdown" to Christmas, where four of us
buy each other 8 gifts, so you end up with 24 gifts a piece
and open one a day starting December 1st.
Sound like fun....oh yes it is....
we include my Mom, but we don't make her shop...lol

So I (we) get really creative with our packages, and one thing is our fancy tags!!
That is where my new Crafty Secrets digitals came into play.
I LOVE these new kitchen sets!!!!

these two kits are packed FULL of awesome kitchen digitals.
I have to tell you, I have nothing fancy to print my digitals with...
I use my printer photo program and/or Microsoft Word.
So give this a try, it opens up a whole new world of creating!!


I started my tags out with printing the digital papers in a 5 x 7 size
and cutting them to fit my bigger manila tags.
I added other bits and pieces, like those adorable little girls....
I just shrunk them down a bit for a perfect size for my tags.....
aren't they so darn cute!!!!


ALL of the paper items you see used on these two tags are from

The other items are things from my stash,
including the snowflake buttons, tinsel and those candy canes, 
which I have had for at least 10 years!!

Take a peek at the Crafty Secrets online store 
and stop by the Crafty Secrets blog, too
There is always amazing inspiration going on there !!!

Entering the following challenges:
Clear It Out .... Anything Goes
and
Tuesday Throwdown .... Christmas Tags
and
Craft-Dee BowZ .... Anything Goes with a Bow
and
Craftin Desert Diva's ....Linky Party "Tags"
and
The Pink Elephant .... Anything But A Card
and
Sentimental Sundays .... Brads, Buttons and/or Bows plus sentiment
and
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes
and
V's Sweet Ideas .... Anything Goes



18 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'll admit I don't make many tags, but if I was doing a fun gift giving tradition like yours I would surely enjoy it! These are gorgeous and extra super special! I always exchange gifts with a few girlfriends (that's the most FUN shopping I do)and I really should start with the packaging and tags.

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely vintage tags ... thing is I can remember when they were first out! I guess I'm vintage too Lol!

Vicki said...

Beautiful gift tags, Diane! Your bow is fabulous. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ November Challenge. Stop by the blog and play along with our Diemond Dies giveaway!

The Paper Toile said...

Beautiful tags! I love the bit of silver tinsel you added!

Sarah said...

The are beautiful! I love those images!!!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh my goodness, Diane, these are SO beautiful. I just love the vintage feel and the soft sweet touches you have added. They're super sweet from top to bottom, and I can't thank you enough for sharing your talents with us. I'm delighted to have you share your talents with us and hope you will continue to play along with us. STUNNING work!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. Here is one more Anything Goes challenge where you can share your wonderful tags:
V's Sweet Ideas
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

What absolutely gorgeous tags!! I love the vintage images!! The tinsel and pom poms on the bottom are fabulous!! These are gifts themselves!! What a sweet tradition you have...and a fun way to celebrate December!! Stay warm my friend and I hope you are feeling better!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

So adorable!!!

Sharon said...

These are beautiful tags Diane. Love the image and they are beautifully designed.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful tags! I love the images and the vintage look is amazing! Your details are fabulous!
Have a great day!
Sherrie k

Darlene said...

These are FABULOUS ... so many wonderful ideas you come up with! Thanks for inspiration (always!)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such gorgeous and cute tags. Love the details. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lynn's Place said...

Cute take on the challenge @ CIO ...stop by again to play <((><

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my goodness! These are just so sweet, and sparkly and festive! I love your style, Diane....I'm always delighted when I visit your beautiful blog! Hugs!

Shelly said...

I LOVE your tags, they are so pretty!

Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!
Hope to see you again!
Shelly

Babs said...

Beautiful projects!!!!! So elegantly done!!!! Thank you for linking up with us at Craftin Desert Divas. ~ DT Barbara

*Vicki* said...

SUCH ADORABLE TAGS!! I love how they look Vintage and all of your gorgeous details in your design!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

chanya13 said...

Beautiful tags!!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT