Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thankful For The Simple Things

Morning All,
As I write this I am a month ahead of The Sisterhood challenge...
yes, you heard me right, it is cool, raining and a great day to be in my
crafty room playing "catch up or get ahead" as the case may be.



I made this card for our new challenge at "The Sisterhood" being hosted by "Terri".
The challenge is "Thank-ful".
I spent forever trying to find what the heck I did with this stamp set from Flourishes.
It was in the most illogical place (not) in with all my Fall and Halloween stamps
that I keep separately ... now why didn't I think of that sooner!!
Plus, the fact, that once I finally did locate the stamp I wanted,
 I used a different one from the set then I had originally intended...lol


I stamped my image on watercolor paper, 
cutting it out with a favorite Spellbinders Die Exquisite Circles
and since lately my goal has been 
to use some of my much neglected things that I "just had to have"....
and then they sit untouched forever, (I am sure you know how that is)
I pulled out my TH Distress markers and went to town water coloring my image!

The paper is from doodlebug design "happy harvest", that I bought last year.
The ribbon I bought this fall, I am trying to buy ribbon that is mostly double sided
as it seems to work better for me.

I do encourage you to "pop" on over to "The Sisterhood" and see what my talented "Sistahs"
and our "Guest Designers" have to inspire you this week...
and while there, why not join in the challenge with us...
we would love to see "your" project there!

Entering the following challenges:
Catered Crop .... Gratitude/Attitude
and
Stampendous .... So Thankful
and
Craft Hoarders Anonymous .... For All That You Do, Thank You
and
Scrapyland .... Anything Goes using a die they carry
and 
Stampin Royalty .... Being Thankful
and
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes
and
{Pin} spirational .... Image



and

Color Q .... Image

19 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the Diane. A gorgeous image and design
love the colours.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. X

Darlene said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Diane! Love the watercoloring on this fabulous image and your over all design is PERFECT! And WOW ... look at that ribbon bow ... FANTASTIC! I must say we are THANKFUL to have you on the team at The Sisterhood!!
Awesome inspiration once again! Thanks!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love that image and the way you watercolored it! And I can completely relate to thing things that "you just have to have but forget to use", all too well I am afraid!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #5!!

Donna Ellis said...

Such beautiful artwork! Rich colors and wonderful images. Sometimes I peruse my craft room and discover all new things. I now open my Autumn drawer regularly, and go through my Christmas section often, to try to remember what I own LOL


Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! We hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous, Diane!! What a stunning image!! You colored it perfectly!! I love the die you used to cut it out!! And the sparkly ribbon is fabulous!! Absolutely beautiful my friend!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Vic said...

This is a stunning card Diane! I just love the way you used the watercolour paper...I never thought of using that on a card before... clever! Thanks for accepting me into the sisterhood this month - Vic xxxx

Unknown said...

Your search paid off one way or the other. This is an absolutely wonderful post. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my goodness! This is a gorgeous card, Diane! The coloring is so beautiful and I love the die cut behind it. Perfect ribbon choice, too! What a beauty! You are so darn talented! Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely awesome! I love the festive feel, and the attitude of gratefulness and blessings.
Thanks for sharing with us!
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is beautiful, Diane, and your watercoloring is outstanding! I think you should do more of it 'cause you're super good at it. This is such a gorgeous set and one I do not have, not that I'm hurting for stamp sets. I can so relate to your stamping supplies situation. I keep trying and trying to use up what I have, but it's the paper that gets to me. Sheesh!

Glenda said...

What a lovely card you have created. I love the image and the watercoloring and the pretty sparkle of the ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card and beautifully coloured!! I am terrible for not putting things away when I should then I can't find them!

lost coast scrapper said...

Gorgeous card, love the ribbon too! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a pretty card! Your wheel barrow of fall bounty is perfectly colored and a perfect image for this time of year! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...I love your wagon filled with beautiful fruits and vegi's, so yummy looking. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful card and great coloring!! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Diane, love your harvest scene! So glad to see you at the colourQ, thanks for playing with us.

Gloria Stengel said...

What a lovely card! That bow is amazing! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper