Monday, November 10, 2014

Holiday Sparkle

This is my post "live" on the

Hello Classy Friends, Diane with you today.

Our challenge this week is to make a project with an ornament theme.
We had the inspiration picture shown below, and my first idea was to go with the
reds and ribbons, but I had this new die that was "itching" to be used.  Actually
I had so many idea's for this, but narrowed it down to the one I am showing you below!!



I started with a beautiful piece of designer paper from the
Not only is the paper in this pack gorgeous, but who could resist that name?


I cut out a snowflake background using Pearlized Esse White Metallic 105# cardstock.
Oh my goodness, this paper is beautiful!! 
Wonderful shimmery weight for all your holiday projects!

The die I used for the background is Impression Obsession Snowflake Background.
Look how delicate and beautiful the snowflakes are!

I cut an ornament first from Memory Box Traditional Ornament die
and next using Memory Box Lydia Ornament die.
One was layered on top of the other.

I have to tell you I bought this ornament die not only for it's beauty,
but also for it's name.  I had someone in my life that meant a lot to me
that has since passed away and her name was Lydia, so I knew I
just had to purchase it.  Do you ever buy things for their names?

I added a silver bow and tied my ornament with silver cord, adding it to the bow,
which allowed it to hang down like a real ornament.

I encourage you to join in our weekly challenges.  Each challenge is so much fun
with the inspiration photos.  Take a peek at what the other Design Team members
have to inspire you, leave a comment, we love hearing from you!!

Entering in the following challenges:
Craft-Dee Bowz ..... Anything Goes With A Bow
and

Merry Monday .... Ornaments
and
Crafty Calender .... Christmas
and
Simon Says Monday  Challenge .... Ornaments
and
Lia Stampz Challenge .... Anything Goes


25 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, what a stunning card, Diane!! The ornament is gorgeous!! I love that snowflake background!! The ribbon is so pretty, too!! This is fabulous my friend!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Love the background and all the glitter!

Tracey said...

I love this color palette for Christmas.....such a pretty card Diane! You never can have to much sparkle :)

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Diane! Love all the glitter, the snowflake background and your pretty silver bow! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, ahhhh! Frosty and gorgeous! I do know what you mean about the name and how we make strong associations like that. Lydia would be pleased.

Donna Maligno said...

Totally elegant!!! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ November challenge!

Allie said...

Beautiful card with your die cuts, Diane!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love it.

Ros Crawford said...

So pretty and I understand why you had to buy this die ... Have a great day!

Darlene said...

OH WOW! This is SOOOOOO pretty! I just love that snowflake background die and your ornament looks fabulous! Again ... why can't I think of these things!?????? LOL! Beautiful card Diane!!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background and a gorgeous ornament, Diane! I love it in the white and silver! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Loving all those layers and detail!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Windy Ellard said...

Very elegant and I love the snowflake lace background! Thanks for sharing!

Katie Melhus said...

This is beautiful sparkly goodness! What a great card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Merry Monday!

GeminiJen said...

This card is beautiful!!

Laura said...

Oh that's so pretty! That snowflake paper is amazing!
You should link this up over at LiaStampz. We have "Anything Goes" as a challenge and I am sure the DT would love to see it! Here is the link: http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2014/11/challenge-77-anything-goes.html
Thanks!

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

What a lovely card, that snowflake background is very unusual but oh so effective.

Tricia Coffin said...

Aaaahhh, lovely, just lovely!

Anonymous said...

This card is so tactile and truely beautiful.
Leona x

Susan Sudbury said...

I simply LOVE everything about this card!!! Gorgeous!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card!

Michelle said...

Fabulous project! Gorgeous snowflake background! The glitter is wonderful on your ornament. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Fabulous project! Gorgeous snowflake background! The glitter is wonderful on your ornament. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

Erum Tasneem said...

This looks so beautiful! I love it!
Thanks for sharing this over at Lia Stampz. Good luck!
xx
Erum
Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

Kim. said...

This is a beautiful card, the die cut looks amazing and the pattern paper is the perfect compliment. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
Kim x