Saturday, November 1, 2014

Holly Jolly Shaker Card

Here is my post on the "Classy Cards 'n Such" blog today!!

Hello Classy Friends,
Diane here with you today with my latest creative project!
I have been seeing lots of "shaker" cards lately 
and have been wanting to make one for quite sometime!!

When I first saw the Memory Box Have A Jolly Christmas die,
I immediately envisioned a shaker card in my head!!



This card was so "easy" to do....
With the beautiful die cut on  Cryogen White Curious Metallic paper,
glued down with E6000 adhesive spray on my  clear Vellum paper,
I then stitched 3 sides of the vellum on a white cardstock
Using "My Favorite Things Sequins" die, I cut lots of
red and green sequins from Red Metallic  and  Green Metallic
These Shimmer Sheetz make the best sequins,
 and how FUN to make your own sequins!!!

Once I added my sequins, I stitched the last side shut.
mounted my shaker on a piece of  designer paper, added a bow
and my card was complete!!

Here is the card after I gave it a good "shake"!!


I hope you have enjoyed today's project and will try a "Shaker" card yourself!!

Don't forget we have a "weekly" inspiration challenge
 and would love to see your entry!!

Entering in the following challenges:
Always Something Creative ....Green and Red
and
Die Cut Divas ....Holiday Spirit
and 
Natalie's and Amy's Challenge .... Stitch It
and
Crafty Calender .... It's All About Christmas
and
Alphabet Challenge .... "S" is For Stitching
and
Sugar Creek Hollow .... I Can See Clearly
and
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra .... Anything Goes

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Yay!! I knew you would make a shaker sooner or later and this is terrific!! Bet you become addicted to them Lol!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! I love your shaker window!! It looks amazing!! The Holly Jolly die is so awesome!! What a fun card!! Do you need my address to send this to me??!! ;) Kidding!! Have a great day my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dawn said...

Oh Diane, this is just the most darling shaker card I have ever seen!
I must look out for the sequin die! Now I want to make a shaker card too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Darlene said...

OH WOW! This turned out AWESOME Diane! You had a vision and it certainly came together beautifully! Love your shaker card idea and the festive sequins worked perfectly! WELL DONE my friend!! GORGEOUS!

Leslie Miller said...

Ha! I was just commenting on another blog that shakers seem to be making a comeback. I love your take on the shaker idea. This is especially pretty. Awesome with the stitching and beautiful Christmas die cut. And there's that bow die again. I love that!

Arlene said...

Certainly had the right idea. Great shaker card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our ANY HOLIDAY challenge for November.

Pat said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet.

Past xx

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous, I love that Memory box die! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Daniele said...

what a lovely shaker card so different behind the vellum, thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs

Meggymay said...

A beautiful shaker card, love how you used vellum. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne

Plony said...

What a great shaker-card.....looks so nice this way...
Thanx for joining us at SCH.
Hugs Plony

Filharmonica said...

Lovely shaker card! Thank you so much for joining us at Suger Creek Hollow this time.

Rose said...

So glad you joined us for our CHNC extra challenge this month with this wonderful creation!!
Hope to see you back for our next challenge :)

Kim. said...

Ooh that die is amazing and I love how you created your shaker element. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge.
Kim x

Hazel said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x