Saturday, November 8, 2014

Happy Days~Fun Times~For You

Yesterday I had this "conversation" with my friend "Dar"
about how we used to get to play in challenges,
or maybe I should rephrase that and say "pick a challenge to play in".

Being on Design Teams limits ones time as what you can do.....
I am NOT complaining about being on the DT's, as I absolutely LOVE it.
Just saying, that I make my DT projects and find a challenge to put them
in, where I used to find a challenge and make a card purposely for "THAT" challenge.
Does any of this make sense? ......LOL

So all that being said, I decided to take a little break, just a little break mind you
and "pick" a challenge to make a card just for that challenge!!
I am not saying I wouldn't enter it in other challenges as well,
but the card I am going to show was made purposely for the challenge at 


I found this color combo very, very hard...so I picked it, as that is what a challenge
is all about, right...to CHALLENGE YOU!!



I  subscribe to one of the girls blogs (Kim) that is on the DT for the challenge
so when it popped up in my mailbox this morning, I was all over it!!


I just happened to see a piece of "foil" sticking out of my paper stacker in
the perfect color, and first thing I thought of was to make a flower with it.
I wanted a more CAS card, so I wanted to make a more "simple" flower.
I used a Marianne die for the flower and leaf underneath, they are a set.

I stamped my splatters with SU Brilliant blue ink, added (yah) a scrap piece of ribbon
in the same color, and stamped "happy days, fun times, for you!

Once this card got going it was quite fast, it took me forever to find the "perfect" colors.
I am not sure how the DT will like it, but I really like the way it came together!!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG! This is GORGEOUS! Yep ... you nailed that challenge! GREAT JOB!! WOWZA!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Diane!! That is a tough color combo but you nailed it!! The flower is fabulous!! I just love everything about this!!

I totally understand what you are talking about with challenges...I don't get to play along with them as much as I would like. DT commitments take most of my time. I love that you took time to play along...I need to do that more!! Have a great weekend my sweet friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

I know exactly what you mean!! I'm glad you got to play in this challenge it's a perfect take on the photo ... Have a lovely day and stay warm!

Leslie Miller said...

Those colors would be hard, but you aced it! Your flower is beautiful! And I know exactly what you mean about the challenges. I always stamp ahead and then post the following week. As much as I'd like to do sketch challenges I can never be current. By the time I sit down to write a blog post I don't have time to search through the challenges. And, heck, I'm only on one team! Can't wait to retire!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty. Love the gorgeous flower. The color is so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.