Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Kitchen Memories

It's beginning to get really cold here, 
and we are to have "lake effect" snow by Thursday.
A good time to stay inside and create, which is what I have been doing a lot of!!
I am feeling a bit "under the weather".
And I hardly ever get sick, but some nasty old bug has
grabbed a hold of me.....
I am trying so hard not to give into it..lol!!

I had so much fun working with the new 
"Kitchen Digital" sets Sandy from  Crafty Secrets has just released!
They are jam packed of wonderful stamp sets, images and papers....
all digital, all right at your finger tips so to speak!!

Because I am almost out of ink, I had to choose carefully what I printed
but luckily for me, I still had some of the gorgeous things printed
leftover from the potholder card I did  "HERE" a few days ago!


I decided to make a shaped card and came up with an apron.
I printed off the whisk, rolling pin, spatula, and potholder
all digital stamps that I just colored in as easy as can be!


I added a pocket, ruffle trim, rick rack, a tiny cookie cutter button
gingham ribbon, did some machine stitching, and I had a cute card,
I think this would make a wonderful Bridal shower card..

The sentiment is also part of the kitchen kits..I love it, as it is so true.
I have great memories of baking with my kids in my kitchen!

The sets I used, with a link are listed below.
and
Retro Kitchen Digital Kit (All my design papers came from this kit)
and

Don't forget, there is still time to join in our "Crafty Secrets November linky party".

Entering the following challenges:
Get Creative Challenge .... Anything Goes/Stitching
and
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes
and
Little Claire's .... Shaped Card

14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

So cute!! I had my group make these apron cards awhile ago ... they loved it! Stay warm my friend!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so amazing!! I love it!! The shape is so fun!! All of the details you added are perfect - like the ruffly lace and the adorable cookie cutter!! What a fabulous project my friend!! It's so creative and awesome!!

I hope you feel better soon - don't give in to the nasty bug!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

This is just tooooooooooo dang cute Diane! I would have NEVER thought to do something like this but it's AWESOME! You are such a creative person! Well done ... awesome inspiration!!! (AGAIN! LOL!)

Diane said...

Oh wow Diane , just gorgeous !! Loving the little gingerbread man cutter !!

Thanks for joining us this month at Little Claires !!

hugs Diane xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by with your lovely art for our 157th Anything Goes Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your faithful participation.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Karen Letchworth said...

This design is absolutely DARLING and I love it. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your talents with us. What a treat! Please stop by to play along with us again soon, and have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Leslie Miller said...

Aaaccckkk! This is so darn cute! You just pulled this out of your hat? Amazing! Hey, Diane, you wouldn't want to get caught in a blizzard with no printer ink, would you? Better stock up. Quite a cold spell hitting the country. Sorry to hear about your bug. I was doing the same thing -- fighting it off -- and it never got too bad. Hope you will fare as well.

Jo Ann said...

This is so gorgeous...I love the choice of papers and embellishments. We're delighted that you joined our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. We hope to see you again this week. Leaving you with God's Word in Hebrews 12:2, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Have a blessed day.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Vic said...

Exquisite!!!! Love everything about this! the shape, the colours, the backing paper, the ribbons, the stitching, the little gingerbread man cookie cutter!!! wow! this would be the perfect card for my mum. xxxx vic x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is adorable! I love all the little "goodies" you tucked in! Super, super cute!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaped card love the paper and great embellishments-thank you for joining us in our first challenge at Get Creative Challenges
Carol DT x

Sharnee Torrents said...

Dear Diane what a wonderfully fun, bright , happy card!! WOW you've gone off on this lovely with all the little details and of course the stitching!!! Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
Smiles SHarnee :)

Kim Butterworth said...

Simple adorable. Love all the little accessories especially the small gingerbread man. Your stitching looks fabulous on this card. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the colours and the gorgeous gingham ribbons. Sorry for the late commenting, thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenge No. 1 xx