Sunday, August 9, 2015

Gardener's Gift Packet



Hi All, I have a fun little garden gift card/packet to show you.
You all know I am an avid flower gardener (most of the time..lol)
and I thought it would be fun to make a card that held a few seed packets
for a garden friend.


I started with 3 envelopes I found in my drawer and this is how I put them together
flap to the envelope in front of it as shown.
This made 3 little "pockets" to slide the seeds in.



Then I just decorated with my Crafty Secrets products
using:




I added a few die cuts and snippets of things I had on hand.
I finished it by tying it shut with a piece of raffia.

Take a visit to the Crafty Secrets online store
we have an August linky challenge going on right now
let alone the inspiration the DT has to offer!!







I wanted to show you my monster big P-gee Hydrangea bush.
It is loaded with beautiful blooms this year and
in the next few weeks it will change from the white you see now
to a beautiful pink and sage green!



Then while I out in the morning snapping these pictures
I noticed the moon was still out in the west (sun was up in the east)
and got this picture of it...this is the actual picture of blue sky and moon,
pretty awesome if you ask me!!!

Thanks for visiting...make sure to stop back tomorrow
as I am guest designing for Crafty Boots!!

Entering the following challenges:
All Sorts .... Inspired by Summer
Hiding In My Craft Room .... Super Scraps Saturday
Pixie's Snippets Playground #189 .... Snippets

10 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG this seed packet card is a fabulous idea and will be a very well received gift! Very creative ... looks awesome!
DOUBLE OMG ... what an amazing hydrangea .. just gorgeous ... can't wait to see it in the 'fall' colors. Thanks for sharing the photos. And WOW look at that moon ... what an awesome photo! Your daughter must have gotten her photo taking gene from her mama! GREAT JOB on all my friend!

Ros Crawford said...

Your seed packet project if terrific ... Love the embellishing but that gorgeous Hydrangea outshines everything!! It's stunning!!
Have a fabulous trip Diane ... Enjoy being with your daughter ... sending hugs!

Lisa said...

What an awesome gift idea this is, Diane!! I love the design of the card and how you decorated it!! I just love this!! So creative my friend!! And oh wow - the Hydrangea is stunning!! How absolutely gorgeous it is!! Perfect shot of the moon, too!! I hope you have a fabulous Sunday my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Becca Cruger said...

These projects are just so cool. You have such a way with using vintage inspired images - I love all the added elements you put in to add texture and interest. And that moon picture?! So cool!

Di said...

WELL!! That's blown me away Diane - what a wonderful make, so ingenious, beautifully made and decorated too. A perfect way to gift packets of seeds - I think it's absolutely stunning! Clever you.

Hugs

Di xx

Anonymous said...

constantly amazed by your cards but now I'm equally impressed with your gardening. Love that hydrangea and thank you so much for identifying. I have the P-gee blue but not the white which has now been added to my list of must haves for next year. Thank you so much for sharing both areas of your creativity!

Leslie Miller said...

You are just way too clever and creative! Soooooo pretty and will make such a cute little gift! Your hydrangea is gorgeous! I love my white hydrangea, but it's still smallish. Not a Pee Gee and doesn't turn color. Your garden is just beautiful and I love seeing pictures of it. Great moon shot, too!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and a great idea for your friend.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Inspired by Summer' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Barb said...

Your seed packet card is beautiful. What a lovely idea and thank you for sharing how you did it. Congratulations on being one of Di's picks this week. Barbxx