Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Sunny Days

There is a new challenge going live today at
Our hostess is Terri and she has chosen the theme
'Gingham and Flowers'.

Well, I have to admit, I have a love for both,
making this a super easy challenge for me.



A few years ago I bought a gingham paper pad
from Lilybee Designs called 'double dutch'.
Have to say that pad has been a favorite of mine
but it is close to being gone.

That's where my gingham paper came from,
scraps of it laying on my work table.

The background scene and sentiment are 
from G45 
'Time To Flourish'.
I seem to have a habit of buying their 'stuff'
then hoarding it!

The gingham ribbon was also laying on my work table
just waiting to be used.



The sunflower I made using a Cheery Lynn Designs Sunflower die.

If you like gingham and if you like flowers,
then you might want to pop on over to
The Sisterhood blog and look at all the inspiration my 'sistahs'
have for you...and you just might want to join in the fun with us!

Entering the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs ....ATG (x)
The Flower Challenge ... Florals
We would love you to display our banner !
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper ...ATG with patterned paper (x)

12 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful card Diane...love the flower and the gorgeous paper background
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is a gorgeous card Diane! Love the popped up sunflower against those in the background. The gingham is just lovely too!

Kathy Krug said...

The yellow and red are striking together and the image is perfect with the sunflower.

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Diane!! The sunflower looks amazing!! I love the beautiful papers!! What a gorgeous card this is!! It makes me want summer back!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tanvi said...

Gorgeous card & background Diane!

Viv said...

Such a great card Diane! love your beautiful gingham background and the beautiful sunflowers....wow to that amazing large one too!Thank you so much for joining us over at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you back soon ;) Viv DT xx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love the whole card design and your bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

Ruth said...

Such a sunny card for autumn - perfect given it's raining where I am! Thank you so much for playing along in our first Flower Challenge :0 xx

Darlene said...

I just LOVE this gingham card! So totally YOU! Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooh, gingham and flowers! A challenge after my own heart. There are currently dozens going on right now I'd love to play in, but where's the time? Stormy today so maybe just one... Back out running again tomorrow, sheesh! SUCH a PRETTY card today, Diane! I just love all that gingham and those fabulous Graphic 45 sunflowers. And I REALLY love the Cheery Lynn sunflower! Maybe I can make two cards today... Will have to put the rain gear on to walk the dogs. It has to be done. Could be fun, but lots of toweling off afterward, and it takes up a lot of my stamping time. Gee, I could be stamping rather than sitting here blabbing with my fingers...

Terri's Cards N More said...

Gogeous creation, Diane! The two colors of gingham are so pretty together. They really make your flower and other embellishments pop.

Shona Chambers said...

You can't help but smile at a Sunflower and your die-cut flower is the perfect size to be the star on your card. It links perfectly with that patterned paper and the frame of gingham puts it all together. So very glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge!