Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fringe Cuties 4 Lily Tutorial As Promised

I did a little picture tutorial for you as promised......it is not the best tutorial you have seen
I am sure, but I think it will give you an idea of what to do anyway.....
These are super easy to make....I have one hand (my left) that had nerve surgery
and the results being it is half numb....so if I can do this, you can..Ha!!
 
The first picture shows the supplies you will need
self closing tweezers, florist wire, and the florist sticky  tape as
shown.....I also have used the Cheery Lynn Designs die Cuties Fringe 4
the paper I chose is a lesser weight maybe 65#....like the cardstock you get at Walmart
it is very good for making flowers as it bends easily and colors easily.....
 
 
 
First thing is to cut your fringe with your die, then start wrapping the florist tape
around your wire (a small piece of wire will do...maybe 5"), as you wrap it...squish it
on the wire as this is what makes it sticky......
 
 
then take your tweezers and just start curling each little fringe towards the flat edge.
it really only takes a few minutes, do every little piece....curl it all in the same direction
 
 
 
 
the trickiest part is to get your fringe started on your wire,
 
I tear off a small piece of the florist tape, put on end of the fringe over the top with a tiny
wrap around and use the florist tape to hold it in place
 (this might take you a couple of tries to get it going)

 
then just wrap the fringe around and around covering up slightly the flat edge as you go.
once it has all been wrapped around the wire, take another small piece of florist tape
and wrap and squish it over the flat piece at the end to hold it all in place....
 
 
thats it, you have your fox tail lily all done.....
 
 
Maybe one of these days I can get my photograher daughter to do a video of it....
any questions, just ask......but I think you get the idea.....
 

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome tutorial, Diane!! They are so creative and fabulous!! I love how they look!! So gorgeous!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kristi said...

Love your tutorial! These are absolutely beautiful!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh em GEE these are AWESOME! I had a florist tape trauma prepping for my sister's wedding, but I might MIGHT have to pick some up so I can try this. These are gorgeous :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness! The step by step is so interesting. I never would have figured that out. Thank you!

Jan Castle said...

Thank you Diane...I just bought the floral tape - now to find my wire and give this a try! I soooo appreciate your instructions!
Paper Hugs,
Jan in Salem, OR

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW its beautiful !
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Dr Sonia S V said...

Diane back to let you know I have pinned it with a link back to your blog.Here is the pin link :Flower making tutorials

Eileen L. said...

Thank you Diane..have to get some floral tape and wire and try it myself. Dont know what gave you this idea, but so unique, I love it. So pretty.

Darlene said...

OMG these are AMAZING and totally beautiful! You are certainly giving Selma a run for her money on flower making! Thanks for doing the tutorial ... just AWESOME!!!

Sharon said...

I love your flower, it's so pretty and thanks for the tutorial on how to make these pretties.

Janie Printz said...

Simply gorgeous & thanks so very much for the tutorial. I LOVE making flowers but am quite a novice at it. I will be watching your blog hoping you show more of these wonderful flower tute's ... Maybe on how to make the begonia or did I miss that one? It really, really stunning ..
Hugs, Janie

Anusha Vamsee said...

Awesome .. !!!

Nela said...

Your flowers are so pretty!
Thank you for the tutorial!