Saturday, April 5, 2014

Elegant White On White

Here is  my post that is on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today..
Our "Silly/Fun" challenge ends tonight...I hope you will join us!
Are you a subscriber of the CCNS newsletter??
You can get 20% off your ENTIRE order if you are!!!

Hello Classy Friends.
Diane here with you today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog
with my newest project.

I have a friend that moved away a few years ago from
Michigan to Arizona, and she was my only "paper crafting"
friend, so I miss our get togethers of fun and laughter!!

I  love the clean, elegant, classy look of white on white cards
and I wanted to "oh and ah" her, so I went with it!!


I started my card with a panel I cut a circle out of using Spellbinders "Heart Circles".
 I like how it gave a pretty tiny scalloped edge around it.  
The actual pretty heart circle I can use on a later project.
Next I used the Darice "Cherry Blossoms" embossing folder  
on a white card stock base, after embossing, I placed my panel on top of my card base
to somewhat "eyeball" where I wanted to stamp my sentiment, 
removed it and stamped the beautiful sentiment 
from JustRite "Poppies Label Twenty Nine".  

Using "Joy Foam Pads Large", I popped up the panel over the sentiment.
To finish my card, I cut a Spellbinders "Ornamental Tags One",
stamped the JustRite word "Friend" from the set "Just The Right Words"....
added "Baby Pearls White"...and my card was finished!!


The entire card took less then ten minutes!!  I hope you have enjoyed today's post.....
and don't forget to join us in our weekly challenges..
we would love to see "your" projects!!

Entered in the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss .... White on White #230

8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOWZA girl ... this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the raised panel ... really makes this beautiful sentiment POP! GREAT job! Thanks once again for inspiring me with your creativity!!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so elegant and gorgeous, Diane!! I love the embossing folder you used!! The sentiment is so beautiful!! And I can't believe I haven't seen that Spellbinders die...I must have!! Love, love this my friend!! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is one fabulous card. Love the elegant look and the embossed background!

Ros Crawford said...

You do WOW so perfectly ... I love the embossing and I just know your friend will love this too! Thinking of you my friend

Darnell said...

You ohed and ahed me, lemme tell you! This is one of the best w-o-w cards I have ever seen! Just stunning, Diane! Hugs, Darnell

Shirley said...

Talk about elegant!! TFS the details about the circle and how you did the tag too! Lovely, Diane!!

Kristi said...

WOW! Just beautiful! I have never done white on white:too intimidating!lol You've pulled it off beautifully!

Leslie Miller said...

The white on white is sooooo pretty! I just got this embossing folder recently and love it. So cute! Got to love those quick cards, too, especially when they turn out like this!